Friday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 12/15/11 7:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA:

Today is my last day of wor****il December 27th.  Woo-Hoo....not that we are actually doing anything I just need a break of not waking up at 5am every morning.

Took my daughter to the cardiologist yesterday, she is diagnoised with diabetes (she is 31 yrs old).  She had to episodes with the Holter monitor while she was sleeping so he wants her PCP to send her to a pulmonologist for a consult as well as a sleep study.  He told her that perscribing medications etc is a bandaid to address these things and the only solution is loosing weight.  Tomorrow I am heading to Jersey to go to her PCP appt. with her.  She asked the cardiologist about WLS, he said if you've tried everything else and nothing seems to work that is an option.  She is my child that has dieted, worked out in the gym 5 + hours a day most of her late adolescent and adult life.  She still eats very healthy, and said to me yesterday "mom I can't get full, the only time I know I've eaten enough is when my stomach hurts because I've made myself sick with overeating"  My surgeon from Temple has moved over to Cooper Hospital.....

Working today till 4ish.  Have some last minute meetings and such prior to leaving the office for a week...After work home to help Gene with whatever project he is tackling at the house....

Hope you all have a wonderful day....

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 12/15/11 8:46 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning PA and Ida - I hear you about the 5:00 AM wake-up calls, Ida - I am soooo ready for vacation and NOT getting up at O-DARK-THIRTY! 4 more days of work then we're on vacation too. Can't wait! Wish your daughter all the best with her tests - maybe she will consider WLS - she certainly has two terrific role models in you and Gene.

I'm at work - got here early since I was on my own today. Think I finally got all my gift cards I ordered so I can send the stuff to my daughter and her family today. They may be a bit surprised at the reduction in gift-giving this year, but with buying the new house and renting the truck to take stuff to Florida funds were tight. At least they're getting something, right?

Packed more stuff last night - gathered more for my sister to sell on eBay for me.

This afternoon I'm seeing the ortho surgeon about my shoulder - it's time - I have to have it repaired - hoping to set something up for the end of January. After that I have a little bit of shopping to do, then nails, then home to crash.Tomorrow will be a busy day packing and organizing stuff to go to Florida, and Sunday I'm making a big lasagna dinner for my nephew, his girlfriend and her girls.

Happy Friday everybody! Enjoy the weekend if I don't get a chance to check in.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 12/15/11 9:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Ida and all of PA.  This Friday could not have come soon enough!  One more full week after this and then a blissful 10 days without stepping foot in to my classroom! :)

I had my second half of my observation, or as I like to call it, "Observation, The Sequel!" yesterday.  It was not as smooth as the day before, but it is over with at this point!  Now I just need to sit and wait for her to type it up and see what she thought of the whole thing.  On a separate note with my principal, she suspended a kid yesterday who flipped out, screamed at me and called me a munchkin.  While the munchkin comment was particularly entertaining, it was not acceptable and she took him out of the rest of the day yesterday, today and Monday.  I was only going to ask for one day's detention, however, she felt two was more appropriate.  Works for me.  I would have not even wanted him suspended had he not done it in front of his classmates.  They needed to see that behavior like that is not tolerated.  So, another joy in this VERY long school year. At least I am not coming in miserable as I had been doing for several weeks after the theft.

Anyway - school today, home to change and see Larry for all of about 12 minutes, tonight - a 50th bday party for a very good friend of mine!  Looking foward to that - of course - it is without Larry again....Ready for the sarcasm....I just LOOOOOOOVe being a married single woman!  UGH! :(

Happy Friday all!
Patricia R.
on 12/15/11 9:49 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida and PA,
So sorry to hear about your daughter's health issues.  I know I was prediabetic and on cholesterol medication when I went to have my wls.  I am fine now.  The weight loss has helped so much with those comorbidities.

Today has me kicking myself because I was supposed to have fasting bloodwork this morning and forgot and ate something.  Argh.  So, I have to wait till Monday, and reschedule my annual physical.

Today, I am putting some real effort on my granddaughter's bedspread.  I have to fini**** or else.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Sara E.
on 12/15/11 10:37 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning PA!
Today I may trade some OT and leave work a bit early...we'll see.  It has been a crazy busy week.  This weekend Caleb is PigPen in A Charlie Brown Christmas- one show on Sat & two on Sun.  I would like to get the presents wrapped over the weekend too.  I have been working out with one of my best friends.  We have been kicking ass & taking names with our workouts.  Have a great day everyone.

Sara

Lisa H.
on 12/15/11 11:24 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Hidey ho peeps... no work for me today!! WOOT!!! I got Siehara off to school and then got back in bed.  Now, I'm up and getting ready to run some errands before I head to NJ for the big event with Neil.. I have a list of things that I need to bring with me since I have to get ready there.  I really hate doing that sometimes.  It's just easier to get ready for something so important in your own home.  But, I'll be ok.  

That's about it for me.  I'll be posting lots of pics from the event, I'm sure.  So be on the lookout for the lady in red!!

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views