O/T PA Unemployment question

YankeeRose
on 12/15/11 9:02 am - Meadville, PA
Has anyone filed for PAUnemployment recently? Do you know if they send you a PA debit card and pin does that mean you've been approved?

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

enasangels
on 12/15/11 10:25 am - PA
I did get the debit card and pin and was even told the amount that I would receive, then my employer fought it.  I did not get it, however mine involved a retirement case.  You will more than likely be ok.
Good Luck, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

IdaMae D.
on 12/15/11 7:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Tammy,

A friend of mine was sent the debit card with the PIN and was told the first check would go on the debit card the remainder would go straight to the bank account.  When she went to use the debit card because the first check should have been there, she instead found it had been deposited into her bank account.  She never had to use the debit card.  Check your balances to see exactly where they send the checks prior to trying to use it.

Ida

IdaMae

YankeeRose
on 12/16/11 1:00 am - Meadville, PA
Thank you Ena and Ida. I just wasn't sure because this is the first time I have ever applied for unemployment in PA. I got it in another state a few yrs ago and they called me and asked questions about what had happened and then I think they either called me or sent me a letter saying I was approved. It also took like 6 weeks. I was just surprised at how easy and quick the process is here in PA.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

LindaScrip
on 12/21/11 12:51 am
why not get direct deposit?  they do that into your checking account.  but yest they send you a card but the pin in a separate letter for security reasons.  I did the direct deposit and it works just fine. you can also apply for your weekly benefits online too. goes right through.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views