Philadelphia

MsMook1979
on 12/15/11 7:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
Revision on 01/11/12
Hello all,

Was just curious to know if any one was in the Philadelphia area and what doctor/hospital did or will you use for surgery?

MsMook1979
http://www.youtube.com/msmook1979        Facebook: Charise MsMook BandtoVsg

HW:344   SW:284.6   CW:209.6   GW:185

Lisa H.
on 12/15/11 1:25 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Hi MsMook.. I am not from Philly, but didn't want you to think nobody is around.  There are quite  few people here from Philly.  I'm sure they will chime in during the day today (Friday).  Many of them went to Barix in Langhorne and have sung the praises of the facility and staff often. 

Good luck with your journey.  Stick around, ask questions, chime in.. we are one big happy family here. 

My tracker

hers 

MsMook1979
on 12/15/11 9:16 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Revision on 01/11/12
Thx a lot Lisa!

MsMook1979

IdaMae D.
on 12/15/11 7:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hello MsMook;

I am from Philadelphia.

My hubby had his at Temple, me at Jeanes.  both our surgeons have left and move to other practices.  I had two surgeons one is now at HUP, the other is at Cooper Hospital in Jersey.  My hubby's surgeon is in Kansas.

I have quite a few friends at work who have or are in the process of using Jefferson, HUP,  and Abington.  Each loved the particular programs for on reason or another.

I know folks who work at Aria and Mercy and have heard they have good programs at both.

Barix is a big hit here on the boards and has wonderful support groups.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Ida

IdaMae

MsMook1979
on 12/15/11 9:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Revision on 01/11/12
Thx for responding. I had my lapband done at Temple in Feb. 22, 2010. I am now going thru a revision to the sleeve.

MsMook1979

Patricia R.
on 12/15/11 9:06 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi there,
I am from Bristol, PA, and I had my surgery at Barix.  Dr. Marymor is the best doctor I have ever met.  He lurks here on the PA forum, and when he sees I have had some life challenge, like the pulmonary embolism I had last year, he calls me personally, on his own time, to check on me.  Not all doctors do that.  Barix also has terrific support groups.  I have to get back to them.

I suggest you check him out.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

MsMook1979
on 12/15/11 9:19 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Revision on 01/11/12
Cool, Thx Trish!

MsMook1979

steffihope
on 12/15/11 10:12 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Welcome to the PA Boards MsMook!  I am a Philly girl and proud of it! :)  I originally looked at Dr. Williams at Penn and ultimately found the perfect match for me at Barix in Langhorne!  Although my surgeon is no longer there, I adore the nursing staff and the administration.  I even chose a plastic surgeon based on the location of the surgery - also at Barix.  Dr. Marymor is now my go to guy at Barix as my surgeon is in Kansas somewhere - possibly over the rainbow!  HA HA HA!  (Wizard of Oz reference!)

Also, Barix has a wonderful support group of which I couldn't have come this far without.  They have pre-operation support group the second Tuesday evening of each month and Post-operation support group on the thrid Wednesday of each month.  We then all come together on the first Saturday of the month to also give and receive support.  All are welcome no matter where you would choose to have surgery.

Where in Philly are you?  I am a far notheast girlie, born and raised!  Feel free to stop on by with any questions, comments or just to say hi!  We are happy to meet you! :)

Steffi :)
MsMook1979
on 12/15/11 10:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Revision on 01/11/12
Thx a lot Steffi! Yes, Philly all the way lol. I am in the northeast as well, near Torresdale in Juniata Park. I am looking for a support group I can just go to because I may not be able to go back to my original docs support group in Temple if I have revision surgery with someone else. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

MsMook1979

jdruski
on 12/17/11 1:54 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Ms Mook

We are almost neighbors, I am in Bridesburg by the Betsy Ross Bridge.  I had my surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital.  I think that all the surgeons basically do a good job.  I think the answer to the success in weight loss surgery is the follow up and the support.  Having said that you can't beat the support at Barix in Langhorne.  I just recently went to my first group meeting. 

Best wishes to you and good luck.   If you don't mind me asking why are you being revised?  What is the sleeve?  I always thought that the sleeve was a step one of a two part operation, but I don't know anything about it.  do you mind sharing?

Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views