Exhausted Tuesday

IdaMae D.
on 12/12/11 7:55 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA:

I'm up on my way to work.  Health Care Marketing ended last night....3 more classes to go!!!!!!!

Today working till 4ish.  Christmas luncheon for our department today so have a couple house midday to sit and relax, hopefully won't relax so much I take a nap at the table...

During last weeks rains discovered a new leak in the house over the weekend, this time coming from the roof.....

Hope you all have a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 12/12/11 8:13 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida,
Congratulations on completing another class.  So happy for you that you are almost done your degree.  That is awesome.  Enjoy the luncheon today. 

Today is my brother, Neil's 46th birthday.  He has spent the last 5 birthdays in heaven.  I miss him terribly.  I try to comfort myself with the knowledge that he is in heaven with Daddy and, now, my older brother.  Last night, for the first time since either brother died, I got angry that they are gone.  I tried to be the faithful Christian for the past five years and tell people that I am glad they are in heaven.  But, the truth is, I want them back.  They died too young.  So did Daddy.  He was only 51 when he died.  My older brother was only 56.  

Anyway, I have my AA meeting at 9:00.  Then, I go to the Ear, Nose, Throat doc because a CT scan my PCP ordered shows thickening of the maxillary sinuses, which are the ones below my eyes.  I have had two sinus surgeries already, and they hurt more than my gastric bypass surgery.  

After the ENT appointment, I get my iron infusion.  I missed it yesterday because I did not hear my alarm.  

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 12/12/11 8:57 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hugs to you Trish on the loss of your dad and brother at such young ages - I lost my dad when he was 56, so I know the pain that you speak of. I still miss him, especially at this time of year - he always loved the holidays, getting the tree, putting the lights on, and he always went out Christmas Eve and got us each a 'special' present. It's okay to be angry - I get that way sometimes, but it doesn't last - keep the happy memories close to your heart.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
dit657
on 12/12/11 9:01 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Ida, you're doing great on the classes - only 3 more to go! It'll be over soon - best of luck on those final grades.

I'm at work - feeling more alive and awake than yesterday. Last night after dinner my pouch decided to throw a fit so I didn't get anything done - think my leftover seafood might have been a tad too dry? It wasn't quite the foamies, but close, with some pain - it finally went away but that always leaves me feeling wiped out afterward.

Work today - nothing special going on here - going to try to catch up on some stuff that's been getting shoved to the side due to 'special projects' and I really need to get on line and order a few Xmas gifts. I'm way behind - spirit is just not there for me this year.

Tonight I must start packing boxes for our trip south next week - also need to pack a duffle bag of towels, sheets, and toiletries for the new house so we can spend a few nights there while we're down there.

That's about it for me today - hope everyone has a good day!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 12/12/11 9:39 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Ida and all of PA - oh joy...yet another leak...what fun! :(

I am at school, getting prepared for the day.  The 7th graders are working on group projects which should free me up to get some grading done and finalizing the things I need for my observation tomorrow.  Again, not worried about it.  As a matter of fact, I asked the principal if I needed to meet with her prior to the observation and she said yes, only for 3-5 minutes.  I emailed her back telling her that I don't think we EVER had a 3-5 minute conversation.  I was entertained! :)

Anyway - school today, then after school, depending on if I need to finish up here, I will take Emily to Hebrew School and run to pick up a few more gifts out near the synagogue for the kids teachers.  Rest assured, it will NOT be a candle or a mug! :)  Then I teach tonight.   Larry is around tonight and we had a very nice evening last night.  Not only was he pleasant, but I was able to get him to try on a few things and he bought some stuff.  He really needs clothes and hates to shop - so this was a score in my book! :)

Happy Tuesday all.  Stay warm and toasty! :)
Laureen S.
on 12/12/11 10:14 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Ida, PA Friends,

Great on finishing one more class towards realizing an achievement for yourself! 

Our firm party was last week, but it was held in northern NJ and since I neither drink, nor eat much, not worth spending 2+ hours each way to hang out with people I really don't know, went last year and that was the fiasco where the valet lost my car keys, we are having a luncheon, whereby several of us are bringing in homemade food and desserts and sharing them with the whole office, as well as the Managing Office Partner is hosting his annual house party on Friday, then last night I attended a party hosted by a Halfway/Recovery House here in Wilmington, I was invited by a sponsee, I did not really want to go, but was glad I did, very nicely done and I had a yogurt and some nuts before I left for the party, so I did not go hungry and therefore made wise choices, so many get togethers this time of year.

With my house in disarray due to my roommate painting it and other things going on in my life, I am at my maximum stress level and trying hard not to let it get to me, but it ain't easy.  This is a temporary situation and all will smooth out again soon, but even Roxie is stressed by things not being in their proper places.   At least I have a house, family, friends and so if some of this stuff is stressing me out, I need only remember that I am blessed in so many ways to have the very things that give me those feelings. . .

Wishing you all the very best of days, peace and strength to get through the challenges presented.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 12/12/11 11:47 pm
GM Ida and PA!

SOOO not feeling it today! When my alarm went off I so wanted to go back to sleep. But duty calls, my concert is in 8 days! YIKES!! So here I am, at work, posting to all of you! I have been very busy getting in extra rehearsals with my students as well as making up the program and parent flyers to go home.

Today is working both jobs(BOO!!) then stop off to pick some juice boxes for Dee's brownie troop. They are doing a get together with a home for recovering addicts and their kids. They do it every year, donating blankets, pjs and hats and gloves to the kids. Such a great way to learn about how fortunate they are!! Then home to make dinner, relax and collapse...

Hope your day is great!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views