42K for my 42nd Birthday!?!

BariatricButterflyLydia
on 11/28/11 9:38 am - PA
On Friday I walked in my 2nd 10K event. It is still difficult for me to finish the 6.2 miles without moaning and groaning some for that last mile. Although, I am getting better with the more walking I am doing. So as my Aunt and I were talking we were discussing some of the other events hosted by the Liberty Bell Wanderers Walking CLub we belong to and their fellow chapters. She said something to me about doing a 42K...that's a marathon. My response was along the lines of maybe when I turn 42 we will do a 42K...I think she is going to keep me to this...what was I thinking with a response like that? Although a year ago I would not have expected to being doing a 5K let alone a 10K and looking for different walking/hiking opportunities to take place. So is there a 42K in my future, that will remain to be seen but I do have a 5 year timeframe to prepare myself...lol Who knows it could happen sooner too
Lisa H.
on 11/28/11 7:31 pm - Whitehall, PA
 You can totally do it Lydia!! 

Think about all the walks you did in the past year since your surgery.  Just keep training and you'll do it no problem!!! 

My tracker

hers 

BariatricButterflyLydia
on 11/29/11 11:22 pm - PA
Thanks Lisa.  I am still struggling and trying to get some plans in order but I know I can do this if I set my mind to it and do the right training for it.  I expected to get a good responsde back from te SLH forum and got what I should of expected...not much.  Still trying to figure out the right place for forums too.  I know they can be helpful but I have found lately that they are more destructive to me then helpful.  This has not happened on OH, but I have only posted limited things.  Sorry venting a bit here and rambling...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views