waiting for surgery

sharon T.
on 11/27/11 9:51 am - PA
 Having trouble losing weight before Dr. will do the surgery!This is so frustrating.My insurance co.  has a 6 month waiting period,but they require a weight loss. I have to lose between 20-30 LBS!If I could do this I would not need surgery.If anyone has some suggestions please let me know!
Cheryl.P
on 11/27/11 10:05 pm - Philadelphia, PA
my  ins. required the same thing, but i actually gained weight during the 6 month doctor supervised diet.  they know it's hard and just want to make sure you are thinking about it and not just jumping in with no considerations. just go to all the doctor appointments and fulfill every other directive and you'll be fine. unless it's your surgeon requiring the weight loss, that is a different story.
sharon T.
on 11/29/11 4:35 am - PA
 Hi cheryl,
       Dr. Ing is very encouraging!The support meeting was very enlighting.It  made me feel much better .I decided to start the shakes on my own to help me lose weight.I'm looking forward to starting this new chapter in my life.Thanks for all your support!My next appointment with Dr.Ing is 12-16-11,and I am looking forward to  his input and suggestions.

THANKS,
                          Sharon T
David H.
on 11/28/11 1:43 am - PA
It's hard to give advise on this because everyone's body is so different.  I was only loosing a little, but as soon as a I started the protein shakes the weight dropped.  Dr Eng was my surgeon and there is a support group tonight.  I would recommend attending so you can ask some of the people there.
sharon T.
on 11/29/11 4:43 am - PA
 HI, DAVID

I was at the meeting Last night it was very informative.I Learned that Other people had some difficulty also.The group is also encouraging.I decided to start drinking shakes on my own to help me lose the weight.My BMI is over 50 and that's why Dr Ing needs me to lose weight. Thanks for your supportand encouragement.

THANKS,
                        Sharon T
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views