Soggy Monday morning roll call

dit657
on 11/20/11 11:13 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Sorry your Friday was so crappy, Nicole, but sometimes things like that happen for a reason - and it seems like this was to reaffirm that you don't want to be in that job for a long time.

Happy Anniversary to you as well - what awesome gifts you gave each other! Sounds like Jason was very touched by your gift. Don't be frightened by it - you are still Nicole and always will be.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
IdaMae D.
on 11/21/11 1:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations Mrs. Lewis-Keeber!!!!

Here's to the next 100 anniversaries for you and Jason!!!!

IdaMae

Sara E.
on 11/20/11 11:10 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA

Good morning everyone!
Today Caleb finds out if he made the 7th grade basketball team. He think he will not make it and is a bit depressed.  I sure hope he is wrong.  I am busy getting my house in order for Thanksgiving.  I am now cooking dinner for my husband's whole family becasue he has to go to work Thursday night at 6 pm.  Lucky me.  On a positive note ....my two best friends & I are going shopping Thursday night.  It should be fun.  Have a happy Monday!
Sara

Lisa H.
on 11/21/11 4:17 am - Whitehall, PA
 afternoon all.. I've been around, but did not get to post this morning.

happy anniversary to the Keebers! I know it was a big deal for you to change your name, Nicole.  I know Jason was super happy with the gift!  

I spent the day working and doing some more organizing around here.  

Now that my work day is almost done, I am going to relax a bit and make dinner.  Then, I am headed to the gym for zumba and pilates.  I'm enjoying the fact that I have been able to get to the gym the past few Mondays.  If I had to choose only 1 day that I can get there, it would be Mondays.  There are 2 classes I like so I know I"m getting in 2 hours.  I did the yoga class last night again, and again, it was very rewarding physically and mentally.

I spent a lot of time with Neil this weekend (when I wasn't working at the store).  Things between the two of us are definitely getting more serious.  He still knows what I need from him, but I have introduced him to others as my boyfriend.. um, what?!  There are some concerns that we both have, but we are both aware of the other's concerns and are working on them.  I can talk to him about ANYTHING.  I'm sooo not used to that.  I totally love that I feel that comfortable with him (and he with me) that we can talk about anything.  I have no secrets from him and don't think he has any from me. 

I am feeling very much at peace in my life, even with the chaos of the money/holidays/child happening in the background.  He helps to bring me there. 

My tracker

hers 

jdruski
on 11/21/11 5:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
Kathy

Would you mind giving me Purple Heart's number.  I worked for American Family Services part-time for almost 20 years and I am looking to go back to at home part time work after my surgery.  I don't know if PH still does it but I would love to call and find out.

Thanks

Jeanne
dit657
on 11/21/11 5:17 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Jeanne - their number in Philadelphia is 215-638-1020 - good luck!!

jdruski
on 11/21/11 5:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
TY Going to call them tomorrow and set myself for spring.  That is when the best collections are.

Jeanne
jdruski
on 11/21/11 5:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Afternoon, Kathy and all of PA

Had a difficult weekend, as my walking is getting worse and worse.  I don't know if it is my mind knowing that I will have a new knee in 2 months or actually the debilitation is catching up to me.  Anyway, going to do my errand early this week so that I can just concentrate on making something to take to dinner at my sisters on Thursday.

Happy Anniversary Nicole, what a wonderful gift that you gave to your hubby. 

Kathy after reading about your puppies grooming I started to miss my kids, grooming was always a major experience.  I look forward to rescueing in the spring.

Keep dry and if you are out drive safe.

Jeanne
dit657
on 11/21/11 9:14 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Hi Jeanne - yes, now that you know an end is in sight for your knee pain I'm sure you are feeling it 'more' - it's amazing how our mind allows us to live with a certain amount of constant pain and not even realize how bad it is until we either know an end is in sight or it's after the problem has been corrected. For me I never had a major trauma to my right knee - I had a large bone spur on it and some meniscus damage that was taken care of arthoscopically, but the arthritis was so advanced that the minor repairs only kept me going for another year before I had to have a total knee replacement. Again, it's major surgery and not something to take lightly, but you are going to be amazed at how much better you feel after it's done and will be astonished that you were able to live with so much pain for so long.

Now, I don't want to scare you, but I do want to let you know that because I waited so long to have my right knee fixed that it greatly affected my left knee and I ended up having that one replaced as well, and it was actually worse than my right one because I had become so dependent on it. But didn't you say you're actually having both of yours done, just not at the same time? Mine were about a year apart - I know some surgeons do both at once but honestly I don't know how people do that!

Rescuing in the spring would be wonderful - especially if it gets you out and walking a puppy - all the better for that new knee!!

Kathy

jdruski
on 11/23/11 10:48 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Kathy,

Yes I am getting both done and  just like you about a year apart.  Basically because of the FMLA policy at my job.  I just went to a bone class at Jeanes hospital.  It is not the hospital that will do the surgery but it is the hospital tham my atttending surgeon belongs to. 

It is very strange because I think my walking hurt so bad this week because I was experiencing some really bad gas.  Yeah, I know that is funny sounding but something that I must of eaten has caused me to go thru a a very gassy period and the pain or more the heaviness was settling in my lower back. The only relief was not eating. 

Once this op is over I am going to have my first colonostopy (sp?) .

Congratulations on your up coming move.  I hope you will be very Happy and enjoy every minute.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.  Talk with you soon.

Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views