Frustrated and depressed

jojomoe523
on 11/13/11 10:54 pm - PA
Depressed : I am going thru a range of emotions lately. I have been a little depressed lately. I don't really know why. Usually when i get blue, I know why. It usually has to do when I think about my mom. I lost mom 4 years ago to lung cancer and I miss her more than I care to admit. She was my best friend.

Maybe it's just because I can't share this with her. I used to share everything with her. I started to call her the other day but then remembered.....

I hate when I get this way. It passes, but it isn't fun while it is going on.

Frustrated: I have been on a stall for about a week now. I put myself in check this weekend and finally moved 2 pounds. 1 more pound and I am under 300. I don't know the last time I was under 300. Maybe 15 years ago....

That brings me to clothes. I have only lost 57 lbs but nothing fits anymore. I started the Purple Heart bag yesterday and I put 7 pairs of work pants in there. I have 3 pairs left. I cannot afford to buy more right now. I am not really worried about regular clothes because until they actually fall off my ass I can get away with wearing it. Work clothes are different. I work in a bank so I have to look nice.

Sorry to rant, it's just that kind of morning today.....

bvohl
on 11/14/11 12:11 am
Joanne,

This too shall pass! Your body is going through MANY changes right now. It is perfectly normal to feel depressed, emotional and frustrated. Remember, you didn't put the weight on in a day and it won't come off in a day either!! The weight you have lost is nothing to sneeze at! Be proud of what you have accomplished!!

We are here to support you! You should come to support meeting on Wednesday!!

Hugs, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jojomoe523
on 11/14/11 12:36 am - PA
I will be at the meeting! Can't wait....

Lisa H.
on 11/14/11 2:18 am - Whitehall, PA
 Joanne, like Beth said you are going through a lot right now.  You had surgery 2 months ago.  Your body does not know what is going on and your hormones are a wreck.  

Rant away.  That is what we are here for.  I have not been posting as much on the boards as I used to and I am definitely trying to get back here.  It helps me to help others.  It helps me to remind myself what I need to know and do.  

As far as your weight loss, there is no such thing as ONLY.  You are almost in TWOderland! Celebrate that! Celebrate the 57 pounds you have already lost in 2 months.  When is the last time you did that?  You have a lot to be proud of.  

Regarding the stall, the timing is right.  Your body is confused and does not know what is going on.  It thinks that you are starving it, so it is holding onto the weight.  It WILL come off.  Just keep doing what you are supposed to be doing with your food plan and your exercise.  It WILL happen.  We all go through stalls and we all get past them.  

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!  You have a LOT to be proud of!

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 11/14/11 2:39 am - Boothwyn, PA
Ditto what Lisa and Beth said - this is all part of the process - and remember, it is a journey, NOT a destination, because even when you do hit your goal weight you must continue to be diligent with your diet and exercise or sadly, yes, it will come back. But for now you're on the losing side of things, and stalls and emotions are all a very real part of this journey. Stalls suck, but they happen - and this is the time to grab a tape measure and start measuring inches as well as pounds, because there are times when your body won't drop actual pounds, but it will drop inches, and that's also something to be very proud of.

If you have a Goodwill close to you I would recommend going there to purchase some transitional clothes - or sometimes at support meetings people will bring clothes for a clothing exchange, and you can find items there to get your through. You're going to changes sizes a lot, and yes, it can get very expensive if you try to outfit yourself through all of those changes.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom - I lost mine last February 22, 2010 to lung cancer and I still miss her terribly - she lived with my husband and I for 18 1/2 years, and while we had our ups and downs I'd give anything to still have her here with us. I used to call her every day from work in the morning just to make sure she was up and doing okay, and I still find myself reaching for the phone sometimes around 10:00 AM to call her, then realize I can't, and yes, it makes me very sad. And it's funny, but when I told her I was having weight loss surgery she was very upset and concerned but eventually became my biggest supporter and loved the energy I had and how much better I felt. I'm sure if your mom were here she would feel the same way.

Hang in there - stalls and emotions will pass - and the pounds will continue to fall off.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 11/14/11 4:34 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Joanne,

You got a wealth of good support from those before me, so I won't go into a long post here, just know that you are "normal" and that this journey you have set your feet upon is a lifetime one and it has it's ups and downs, but the ups, well there are generally more of them than the downs, so just hang in there and know that the scale is not the thing you need to worry about, because the weight will come off and you will need lots of clothes before this journey is over and the suggestion of a Goodwill run is a good one, or a local thrift shop, try finding just a couple of pairs of slacks and some sweaters/tops that you can mix and match.  You can also put out an alert on here and in support group for what size you are looking for, as some people are more than willing to pass their clothing down.

Hope you feel better knowing you are not alone in what you are going through, that it is all quite normal.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

proudmama13
on 11/14/11 4:51 am - Bristol, PA
Unfortunately, I don't have any words of wisdom.  If I can do anything for you, please do not hesitate to let me know:)

jojomoe523
on 11/14/11 4:54 am - PA
are you coming on Weds?

proudmama13
on 11/14/11 4:59 am - Bristol, PA
I'm planning on it:)

KELLY R.
on 11/22/11 10:10 pm - PA
RNY on 04/04/12

Hi Joanne -

I haven't had surgery yet and I still have my Mom, but I feel for you deeply.  I have been through many bouts of depression myself and my Mom is also my very best friend.  I get upset when I sometimes think about what life will be like without her and I just can't bare the thought.  I won't say I know how you feel because I don't, althought it's inevitable that someday I will, I'm praying for your heart and soul to heal.  I'm also certain that with the holidays quickly approaching that this time is even more difficult.  But, times like this are also why OH was created, so that you can connect with others going through difficult times and dealing with the outcome of WLS.  So that you can find the support and shoulders to lean on when you need them.

It's true that after WLS your hormones are super out of control and this could be enhancing your blue feeling, but I hope you feel better soon and know that people are thinking about you.

Take care and have a good Thanksgiving.

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views