Monday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 11/13/11 7:44 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA:

Monday comes way too quickly!!!!!

Today I'm working till 4, class till 10.  I think I have a quick writing assignment that I have to complete prior to class tonight, that I forgot over the weekend.  I'll have to check my list of assignments due when I get to work.

I work this week then next week I'm on vacation for a week.  I took 3 days off for Thanksgiving week.  I just need to be able to stay home, sleep a bit late and be lazy for a week.  And ready and do homework during that week as well but no work to think about.

Hope you all have a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 11/13/11 8:14 pm
GM Ida and PA!

I cannot believe it is Monday already!?!?! What happened to my glorious four day weekend??

Anyway, Today is working both jobs, YIPPEE!!!!!!!!! NOT! Then coming home, dinner, homework and such. Hopefully to bed early, did not sleep well last night!

Ida, you definitely deserve to sleep in and do nothing!!

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 11/13/11 9:05 pm - Whitehall, PA
GM all.... I woke up feeling pretty good today.  I went to the movies with Siehara yesterday and we had a nice time together.  She decided that she did not want to go to yoga with me.  I was torn between making her go and letting her do her own thing.  She stayed home.  I did not think it was a battle worth fighting and didn't want her to go there and be miserable and make my time there less enjoyable or relaxing.  

When I got home I made a big deal about how great it was.  The instructor is truly an amazing woman.. not just as a fitness instructor, but deep down.  Apparently she had weight issues most of her life and decided at some point that she had had enough and it was time to take care of herself.  She is all about female strength, both internal and external.  I would LOVE to have her come and spend time with Siehara (and me) and do some deep talking.  She did say she'd be willing to take walks with her and talk to her.  I am going to take her up on it.  

Siehara told me that she would be willing to come with me to the next class.  A few of the mothers of her old friends from the Jewish Day School were there and we all discussed bringing the girls to the next one.  Hopefully the others will also come so they can bond again. 

Anyway, the class last night gave me some peace and I am looking forward to more.   It was probably the best yoga class I've taken.  Today has me working Aetna only.  Tonight, I will make tilapia for dinner with veggies on the side.  I have all the tilapia from Siehara's Bat Mitzvah and will be using it for a very long time.  I am also going to go to the gym for zumba and pilates.  I'm super excited to be able to get to the gym, especially after last night!

Have a great day everyone! I plan to.

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 11/13/11 9:41 pm - Lancaster, PA
LIsa you should have a contest to see how many different ways people can suggest you make the Tilapia. The great Tilapia Race.

I am glad you went to yoga, you inspired me I will go this week too when i feel better. I do think that Yoga is a good tool for us WLS people.
Nicole0216
on 11/13/11 9:39 pm - Lancaster, PA
Good morning PA and Ida.

I am home sick today, I feel pretty awful. My whole body hurts and i am so tired. I feel guilty for calling out but in another way I just dont. I need to take care of myself.

Had a good weekend got to do some shopping and saw our girl Karen on Sunday, I miss you all so much and when i get to spend time with a PA Board Peep it always brightens my day.

Today if I can muster it I am going to go to the SS office to work on changing my name. It is time and it is my year anniversary gift to Jason.

I hope you all have a good day it looks nice outside.
steffihope
on 11/13/11 9:49 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Ida and all of PA - I was in such a good mood until about five minutes ago - got a call from a parent.  She has been nudging me for two years and is driving me up the flipping wall.  She is the mom of twins.  One does well in math, the other struggles.  She called me with a frustration that her daughter does not understand the algebra piece of the math.  What I TRIED to explain to her was that Algebra was NOT required in 8th grade and that she needs to relax and let her daughter figure it out, her response was, and quite abrupt I may add: "it may not be required for you, but it IS for me."  Are you kidding me?!?!  She wants a "plan" of what I am going to do for "her" daughter and what I tried to explain to her was it will take about two weeks, and she said that was not ok, she would call back tomorrow.  Seriously?!?!  Who the hell does she think she is?  I have 94 students.  And I do the absolute very best for each one of them.  I am now completely frustrated.

Anyway - my day will now consist of trying to get through this day at school, run over to Kohl's to return a pair of sneakers that without Molly or I noticing, were not matching sizes....and then, Molly's therapist appointment and finally home to collapse.  I was up late last night as I, AGAIN, sigh, had a "pre-sleep nap" and then was up until close to 1 AM.  So, so much for my pleasant mood.  Here's hoping that my students can pass me their positive engery!

Happy Monday all!
dit657
on 11/13/11 11:31 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - I've been at work since 6:40 but this is the first real break I've had all morning. Friday I got a call from the lender and of course there was a laundry list of items that they needed answers on, more documentation, etc. I swear at this point they'd give me a colonscopy if they could just suck the rest of the life out of me!! LOL. Anyway, it's all been gathered, documented and on it's way - let's hope that's the last of it and we can proceed to settlement on Wednesday.

We had a nice weekend - Friday I cleaned all day but managed to drag myself into the shower and be presentable to go do dinner with hubby for our 22nd anniversary. Saturday one of my BFF's came down and we headed out to Lancaster (with the rest of the crazy damn people) to do some shopping. She stayed over so we stayed up and gabbed late into the night. Sunday was more cleaning out - tackled my bedroom closet and got that neat, organized - bags for trash, bags for charity, etc.

and now I have to dedicate some time to GE and get some REAL work done!!

Hope everyone has a great day - kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views