Fabulous Friday Roll Call

kreavis1979
on 11/10/11 4:00 pm - PA
Good Morning Everyone,

First of all thanks for the posittivity earlier in the week, I am in a much better routine now and I am sleeping and eating much better. Not much on the agenda today, just spending as much time with Katelyn as posible.

Hope you all have a day full of blessings!
Laureen S.
on 11/10/11 7:28 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Katie, PA Friends,

Glad to read that you were just suffering from adjusting to less sleep and more Katelyn, as a first time Mom there is a lot of adjusting to do and then add the hormones of post-pregnancy into it and well at least you have a place to come and get useful, caring support!

TGIF is what it is for me and nothing more than work and an AA meeting on my schedule today.

Wishing peace and strength for all those with challenging life situations,

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 11/10/11 7:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM Katie and PA:

Yeah...it's Friday...Before I know it, it will be Monday morning...

Grades were posted last evening for my health care law class, I received an A, not quite sure how I did that, I know I did not put my all into the class as I should have. 

Last night my work group for my current class did a conference call to work on our project, was so productive.  Usually we go the email route and things become bogged down, this was great.  We have another conference call scheduled for Sunday afternoon.

The house is coming together slowly. 

Today is work till 4ish, then home to get my arse on the treadmill. All the whining I did because I could not get it working and Gene was kind enough to figure it out for me, I really should be on the darn thing more than I am.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 11/10/11 10:50 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Ida,

Congratulations on your A, there is a light at the end of your tunnel and as they say, it is not an oncoming train!!!  Celebrate your accomplishments!  Glad to read the house is starting to come together, albeit slowly.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

Nicole0216
on 11/10/11 7:57 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi all it is 11/11/11  today is a day of renewal. After a full moon yesterday it is right about time.
Do something today to celebrate this day, and to renew something in your life. I know I will be,
proudmama13
on 11/10/11 8:05 pm - Bristol, PA
Good morning, All!

Katie - so glad you are feeling better:).  PLEASE tell me how you developed your routine with Katelyn.  Joey is still not on a set schedule.  We're getting closer to one, but we're not there yet, so any tips are appreciated.

Ida - WAY TO GO ON THAT A!!! You go girl!

Laureen - Just want to tell ya that I love ya:).

The little guy and I have a busy day planned today.  We are going shopping with Grandma at the mall, where I will be indulging in a sugar free latte from Starbucks!  Then it's back to grandma's house where I will cook us all a bariatric friendly meal from the WLS Cookbook for Dummies:).  I am kind of hoping having a meal together will show grandma that this new lifestyle is delicious, nutritious and satisfying not at all about starvation and deprivation like she seems to think....we'll see how that one turns out... After dinner Grandma and Grandpa are going to watch Joey so I can go to an OA meeting with my amazing sponsor.   Afterwards, I'll pick up the little guy and it will be home to bed for both of us. 

Overall, I'm pretty excited about our day ahead!  It should be a lot of fun:). 

Love to all,
Selena

Laureen S.
on 11/10/11 10:54 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Selena,

That is sweet of you. . .

As for babies and schedules, some take to one, others not so much. . .  enjoy your OA meeting, now I know where you were coming from with your comment the other day about "prayer and meditation" ;)  I, of course, am and have been in 12 Step recovery for over 24 years now and live with two others also on that path, one 25 years, the other 23 and the one with 23, also has over 4 years in OA, has lost over a 100 lbs., of which he has maintained for the past 3 years, actually he started in OA around the same time I had my surgery, he's doing better than me (lol). . .

Anyway, have a great day!

Laureen

kreavis1979
on 11/11/11 11:35 am - PA
Selena -

She is definitely not real predictable, but I quickly figured out that she needs to eat, then I need to eat and if she goes back to sleep at night I need to also. Sometimes I take a nap during the day when she does, but I use that time mostly for housework and laundry.

Katie
bvohl
on 11/10/11 8:17 pm
Good Morning Katie and PA!

Katie-SO glad that you found a good rhythm!!

Ida- Way to GO!!

Nicole- I like your idea of renewal....I am going to think in a positive light today!!

I am up bright and early to go to the hospital to get my bone marrow biopsy. I will be sedated since that is what I requested. Steven and Dee will be there with me. When I had the biopsy done 2.5 years ago, I did not do well. I think I went into a shock, shaking, sweating, crying.....it was NOT pretty! I told the dr that this time I wanted to be sedated. I am also going to ask for pain meds! Ok, I don't have a high threshold for pain!

The rest of the day is just relaxing with my family!

Wish me luck!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

enasangels
on 11/10/11 8:37 pm - PA
Good morning Pa.,
Glad you are feeling better Katie.
Ida glad you were surprised with your "A", I am so sure you really earned it.
Beth you continue to be in my prayers.
Today finds me headed to Pa from Md to be at the hospital for support for my sister who was in a bad auto accident.  I received an email informing me about it last nite.  She has sat at the hospital for so many of my family when they needed her, and I am the closest to the hospital, so I will take advantage of it, so I can report first hand to the rest of my family.  She has a fractured hip,and pelvis, and bruised ribs.  I am concerned as she is 80 years old.  They will decide one they start if her hip needs to be replaced and it is broken straight through.  Any prayers you can spare would be appreciated.  Have a good day all.
Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views