Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe

Laureen S.
on 11/7/11 9:43 pm, edited 11/8/11 12:10 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Those on facebook already know I won the office bake-off yesterday with this cheesecake, so for those wanting the recipe, here it is. . .I will try to come back with the caloric info later, now remember, the slices cut from it are not bigger than about 1-1/2 to 2 inches, as this is a high cake of about 4 inches, so I'm not exactly sure how many slices it will give, but I'm thinking about 18 per cake at those slice parameters and that is what I will base the caloric values at when I do the serving sizes.

Lower fat and s/f Pumpkin Cheesecake

Ingredients

Crust:

Called for 8 ounces of vanilla wafers, I subbed 5 ounces low fat graham crackers and 3 ounces of almonds and pecans
1 tablespoon butter (did not sub)
Cooking spray
9 inch spring pan

Filling:

3 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar (I used Diabetisweet sugar sub)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I used Diabetisweet brown sugar sub)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt Dash of allspice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs (I used eggbeaters)
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin

Optional: Pecans or other nuts to decorate around the top, with dollops of l/f whipped cream in between

Preparation

Crust: Preheat oven to 400°.

To prepare crust, place wafers in a food processor; pulse 2 to 3 times or until finely ground. Add butter; pulse 10 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Firmly press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack.

Cheesecake: Reduce oven temperature to 325°.

To prepare filling, beat cheeses with a mixer at high speed until smooth. Add the granulated sugar and next 8 ingredients (granulated sugar through vanilla), beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin; beat well. Pour cheese mixture into prepared crust; bake at 325° for 1 1/2 hours or until almost set. (Cheesecake is done when the center barely moves when pan is touched.) Remove cheesecake from oven; run a knife around outside edge. Cool to room temperature; cover and chill at least 8 hours.

Servings per recipe: approximately 18 to 20 (since this is a high cake 4/5 inches, a slice is about two fingers

Calories: 236
Total Fat: 14
Cholesterol: 33
Sodium: 303
Total Carbs: 23.7
Dietary Fiber: 7.0 (which makes your net carb total 16.7)
Protein: 9.0 g

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 11/7/11 11:00 pm
Thanks for posting!! Did you get my email???

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 11/8/11 12:05 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Yes, thanks

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

proudmama13
on 11/8/11 1:19 am - Bristol, PA
I am TOTALLY making this for Thanksgiving dessert! You are the best for posting this:).

BariatricBSN
on 11/8/11 4:47 am

So, are you saying it takes FIVE 8-ounce blocks of 1/3 fat cream cheese for this cake????

Laureen S.
on 11/8/11 9:27 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Yes, that is what I did, but you could use the fat free, I just find the fat free stuff to be like paste

Junomom1
on 11/8/11 8:56 pm - PA
 This recipe sounds delcious, Laureen.
Can't wait ti try it.
Thanks for posting!

Marianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!