Happy Monday Roll Call

kreavis1979
on 11/6/11 3:52 pm - PA
Good Morning PA -

I am up and getting ready for Katelyn's 3 am bottle, so I thought I'd check in. Saturday's Barix meeting was fabulous and I am so glad I decided to be there. I need to be making it to one meeting a month and I am hoping to be able to keep that commitment. Yesterday we were again blessed by the love and generosity of our friends, we had fun catching up and sharing our bundle of joy.

Katelyn and I are laying low today, gonna hang in bed. Maybe a little laundry and a pot roast in the crockpot.
Hope you all have a marvelous Monday.

Katie
IdaMae D.
on 11/6/11 7:23 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Katie & PA:

Yesterday was a good day, when to church, a very good friend of ours who is in the arts was our guest performer at church yesterday. What an amazing voice I could have sat for hours listening to him sing, beautiful baratone....just beautiful...He brought all his children to church, we have not seen the kids in about 7 yrs or so.  Oh my did we feel old, the oldest is in college....it was wonderful catching up and seeing them all.  His wife could not make it as she is the music minister in another church, she did all the music for our wedding and also sang a solo...and is a successful performer in the Philadelphia area....

Not much on the agenda today other than work till 4, class till 10.  Long day ahead...

Starting a new class tonight Health Care Marketing, looks like it's going to be a very intense 8 weeks...

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 11/6/11 8:07 pm
Good Morning Katie and PA!

I agree that the meeting on Saturday was great!! Especially the part where I got to hold your bundle of joy! It brought back so many memories of when Dee was a baby....

I am posting now because I probably won't get a chance at work. We are having a visit from the state today, so we have to be on the top of our game. I always am, so I am not worried!

After work today I have a meeting at my second job, then home to relax,eat dinner and spend time with the kitties. Tomorrow, Thursday and Friday I am OFF! Yippee!! I may have Dee's friend over for the day tomorrow.

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

steffihope
on 11/6/11 9:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Katie and all of PA!

Katie - sorry that I was not there on Saturday to see Katelyn, just couldn't get myself out of the house.  Stupid depression.  Anyway - weekend was crazy as usual.  More teenage drama with both Molly and this time Josh.  He did something that really disappointed Larry and I and we had to deal with that.  Otherwise I had a ton of grading to do and still have more of it.  It has to be in my midnight tomorrow.  Oh joy!

Today is school, Pick up Emily from her after school program, take Molly to her therapist appointment then home to maybe take a nap, and then get cracking on the rest of the grading in front of the Eagles game.  Of course, Larry is working, so again....watching alone.  It really really sucks!  I am trying VERY hard to not be cranky today.  So far, not so good.  We shall see!

Happy Monday all!
kreavis1979
on 11/7/11 3:47 am - PA
Steffi -

I have a momentary cure for your depression, she has dark hair, blue eyes, weighs a little over 8lbs, and when she smiles at you it makes everything else fade away!!! We will be at the meeting next Wednesday too. Hope to see you sometime soon.
Katie 
Lisa H.
on 11/6/11 10:26 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all... Glad you got to the meeting, Katie.  Wish I could have come, but I had a very special Bar Mitzvah to attend.  The boy was amazing and has come so far exceeding so many expectations of what he could do in life.  His mother spoke of FAITH when she gave her talk about the Torah portion.  It took a lot of faith from both of his parents to help him to get to where he is today.  He is one amazing kid! He has gotten past physical and mental handicaps and did a beautiful job on Saturday.  It was truly inspiring and emotional for all in attendance.  Then we partied it up on the dance floor!  He's a great dancer, too!

Yesterday, I picked Siehara up from Langhorne and just tried to organize my grocery list.  I still have to match up my coupons with the sales that I found and then I have to get more stuff to fill up my fridge/freezer.  

Today I am working Aetna and doing laundry.. still trying to catch up from the power outage, along with all the new stuff.  After work, we are going to meet up with my friend Josie.. she's the one whose brother is in the hospital.  I went to see him on Saturday and saw her, her kids, and some of her siblings and nieces and nephews while we were there.   Tonight, will be Siehara and I and Josie and her kids and probably the other friend with whom they are staying.  It's funny how I very rarely see Lora (the other friend) and we both live in the Lehigh Valley.  It takes Josie coming home for us to get together.  Oh well.. it will be good to see her and her kids, as well.  

That's about it for me.. Hope everyone has a great day! 

My tracker

hers 

Laureen S.
on 11/6/11 10:35 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Katie, PA Friends,

Your little bundle, Katelyn, is ADORABLE!!!  and you looked fabulous for someone who had a baby less than 2 weeks ago, enjoy being a new Mom, as they grow so quickly, the first years of life is amazing, watching as they develop into their own persons, I watched mine and now I see it happening with my grandchildren, children are a blessing, then at a certain point, some are a curse for a while and then comes the other end of it where parents take pride in the accomplishments of their grown children and experience the joys of grandparenting (lol), you've got years to go, enjoy these moments. . .

Anyway, I am at work, today should be a fairly easy day of it and we have the bake-off later this afternoon, for which I put together a l/f, s/f pumpkin cheesecake, this is something I've never done, so I can't wait to see how everyone receives it.  This morning started with my putting together a pan of mac n cheese for one of my roommates who I gave the bulk of the one I made either last week or the week before, I made it l/f with dreamfields pasta and she loved it so much that she paid me to make her a pan of it this week, so at 5:30 this morning I was cooking (lol), then I packed up my car and at lunch I will make a noontime AA meeting, after work I intend to hit the gym for 30 minutes on the elliptical, as my back is finally seeming to feel better, so I will slowly work myself back into what I know is necessary for my ongoing success, then it will be home to relax with the Roxie girl.

Wishing you all the best possible of days, peace and strength to get through whatever challenges you are facing.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

merrymorris
on 11/6/11 11:12 pm - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Good morning everyone. I had a stressful week at work to which I dealt with by eating and got really depressed. Waiting for my packet to come in the mail with all my appointments and information from abington. Aetna requires 3 months of nutrition counseling. Anyone have aetna? What does the counseling entail? Hope you all are well. Feeling like I wish I could get the surgery sooner but know the time will fly by. I also want tot be as prepared and educated as possible to make things a success.
dit657
on 11/6/11 11:18 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - I missed another Barix meeting - there just aren't enough days in the weekend to get everything done - and as much as I love coming to those support meetings it really takes up almost my entire day. But I'm happy for those of you who did make it.

I'm back at work today and resting! lol!! We had a very busy weekend but more are coming our way with cleaning out the house and getting it ready to sell, athough it looks like we have a very serious contender right now. And if it works out the timing would be great for us, moving in May or June. So we'll see how it goes.

10 days from settlement on the Florida house - still holding my breath that everything goes okay and we make it to settlement. I'm not a 'doom and gloom' person, but I've also found that if I celebrate too soon something will smack me down!

If possible get out and look and the beautiful leaves on the trees right now - they're incredible! I will miss that when we move.

Happy thoughts all - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jastypes
on 11/7/11 12:03 am - Croydon, PA
Good morning, all my PA friends. 

Kateyln is absolutely precious!!!

The best thing I've done for myself in a long time is commit to going back to Barix support group meetings.  I get so much out of them.  They are a necessary part of my recovery journey.  Thanks to everyone who was there!!!

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for a BP re-check.  I am hoping that having lost the weight will make a change in that status.  I also found this really nasty-looking open sore on my abdomen between skin folds -- lovely.  It's a bit frightening looking, but it does not hurt or itch.  I'll have the doctor look at it tomorrow and document it.  My crazy brain tells me that maybe it'll help get a tummy tuck covered!!!

Laureen, I made a SF pumpkin cheesecake yesterday from a Barix recipe.  Kids and I loved it! 

Hope everyone has a great day.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views