Walking

BariatricButterflyLydia
on 11/4/11 2:46 am - PA
Hi All-

I just wanted to share and have not been online for a bit that I am continuing my walking efforts since WLS a year ago and am consitantly doing at least 1 5K per month or more depending on my Aunt.  She is like my walking coach and all around pain in the walking ass...lol  She is the one that got me into walking after surgery and continues to support me through my whole journey.  Recently she challanged me to kick it up a notch (boy did I not know what I was in for) by doing a 10K run through the Liberty Bell Wanderers Walking CLub.  I thought about it and agreed.  It was not at all what I expected, the walk OR SHOULD I SAY HIKE took place at Bear Creek Ski Resort and literally we hiked up the side of the moutain and then back down.  It really was a fun adventure and I did it!  Since then I joined the Liberty Bell club and have gone on other walks with them.  In the future my Aunt is looking to have me kick it up even further...can only wonder what that may look like!  I am walking myself into a whole new me :)
Patricia R.
on 11/4/11 8:39 pm, edited 11/4/11 8:39 pm - Perry, MI
 Lydia,
Congratulations on your 10K hike.  That is awesome.  Do you live near Bear Creek?  My mom lives in Wilkes Barre, behind rhe VA hospital by the mall.  I will be up there on the 11th.  I am dropping my dog off for her to babysit while I go to Michigan to visit my daughter and grandchildren.

Keep up the walking.  It is the cheapest form of exercise there is, only costs the price of a good pair of sneakers,

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

gmom62
on 11/5/11 10:25 pm - Clifton Heights, PA
Congratulations!  That is wonderful.  You should be very proud of yourself.  That's a great accomplishment.  I am 16 mos out from surgery  I'm training to do a half marathon in two weeks.  I just walked 8 miles this morning.  PHEW!  It feels great when you've accomplished something you NEVER thought you would be able to do.  Keep it up!!

Cyd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views