Almost time

steffihope
on 11/3/11 11:56 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Welcome the PA Boards Rachael!  I dont' know anything about the sleeve or Abington except that many of hte newbies coming on board here are leaning toward Dr. Bonanni.  I am an RNY from Barix and am 2.8 years out.  (I am also a math teacher - hence the decimal.....)  

Feel free to come around often, ask questions, give advise and jsut be a gneral presence!  Good luck on your continued journey! :)
Ready2BHealthy2011
on 11/4/11 12:32 am - PA
Thanks so much for the welcome.. appreciate that..  :)  I will definitely reach out with questions..appreciate that!! 
Rachael
Lisa H.
on 11/4/11 12:55 am - Whitehall, PA
 but she's NOT an English teacher or a professional typist, so forgive her.... 

AND WELCOME!!!!!!!! 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 11/4/11 2:05 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Eh - kiss my ass gorgeous! :)  see THAT I spelled right! :)  
victoria3
on 11/4/11 12:30 am - Douglassville, PA
Abington- YES
Dr. Bonanni- YES
VSG- YES

All of the above are some of the best choices I have made in my life!  Good Luck!

Ready2BHealthy2011
on 11/4/11 12:33 am - PA
Awesome.. when did u have the sleeve?  how are u doing with it..  I am excited.
Rachael
merrymorris
on 11/4/11 1:00 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Welcome Racheal!

My name is Merry and I am new here too. I just had my first appointment over the phone for Abington today. Dr. Bonanni will probably be my surgeon. I have all my tests and meetings scheduled. I am excited and nervous as well. I think that is normal. I am leaning towards the DS surgery.
Ready2BHealthy2011
on 11/4/11 11:08 am - PA
Hi Merry..

Did you have your intake interview?  I just finished my tests and meetings.. met with the Dr on Tuesday.. he was awesome.. really took the time to explain..staff was great.. i have 2 more tests and then will hear something.. where are u from?  really the DS?  how come?
Rachael
merrymorris
on 11/4/11 11:57 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
I did have the intake interview today and the lady I talked to was really nice.

After doing a bunch of research I feel like the DS is the best option for me. Just because you lose more and have less of a likelyhood of regain. I want to do this one time and have it be really effective.

I'm from Northeast Philly...well, that's where I have lived for three years. I am really from Delaware.

So what made you choose your type of surgery?
Ready2BHealthy2011
on 11/4/11 1:42 pm - PA
Well my initial thought was the sleeve.. it is less invasive.. effective..and i have had so many stomach surgeries.. that anything involving the intestines because of scar tissue might not work for me.. i discussed it with Dr B.. he agreed the sleeve..which he thinks is a great choice..  there is always an option to go into the DS down the rd.. but i feel pretty confident with my choice..  so are u excited??   do u have children?
Rachael
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views