Almost time

Ready2BHealthy2011
on 11/3/11 1:32 pm - PA
Hey all.

I am rachael.. new to here.. getting the Sleeve done..hopefully early January.. from the philadelphia, pa burbs area.. anyone use ABington Hospital?  Dr Bonanni?  I have had most tests done..waiting on the endoscopy..then will be good to go!! 
Rachael
proudmama13
on 11/3/11 9:58 pm - Bristol, PA
YES! and YES! I am going to Abington and Dr. Bonanni is my surgeon.  I'm a pre-op, so I don't have too much to share, but I have heard amazingly wonderful things about the good doctor and, so far, I absolutely LOVE all of the staff at Abington.  They are caring, compassionate and personable. Right now it looks like my surgery (RNY) will be scheduled for mid December...:) :) :), but the scheduler is going to call me later with the exact date.  Just wanted to give you a shout out! Hit me up with a PM if you would like to chat more...I'm a Philly Burbs girl myself.

TGIF!
Selena

Ready2BHealthy2011
on 11/4/11 12:28 am - PA
Oh wow, so you are a little ahead of me.  I have an endoscopy Dec 16th.. if all goes well ill be sched for my sleeve early jan.. its super exciting..very nervous..  Thanks for the email.. def would like to chat.. we are close by one another.. 

rachael..
Rachael
proudmama13
on 11/4/11 4:24 pm - Bristol, PA
Hey girl!

I have my endoscopy scheduled for Dec. 16th as well! I'm a teacher currently on a sabbatical with my two month old son until the end of January. So if I don't have surgery before I go back to work, I would need to wait until June.  I was up front about that with the surgical scheduler and she really worked with me to get me on the schedule in December, so I have enough recovery time before I start teaching again. She told me my surgery will most likely be December 19th, but I am waiting - patience is definitely not one of my strong suits - for her to get back to me with a definitive date.  It IS super exciting and I hear ya about being nervous.  It's like on the one hand I am totally stoked and can't wait.  But on the other hand I am completely nervous and thinking, :oh boy what am I about to do...". The emotions are definitely a rollercoaster ride, so I am really grateful I found this site where people get exactly where I'm coming from because they've been through the same thing. 

Ok, I wrote a novel, so I am cutting myself off.
Have a great day!
Selena

Ready2BHealthy2011
on 11/4/11 9:48 pm - PA
Oh wow, so you are getting close, we hope!  It definitely is an emotional rollercoaster.. so exciting.. I want it over and done with ,  My husband is getting it also, probably a couple weeks before me.   Is that your first child?  I miss the newborn stages.. My bundles are 2 and 4.. fun times!!   Have a good day!
Rachael
dit657
on 11/3/11 10:08 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Welcome to the PA Boards, Rachel! Sounds like you're in great company with Abington Hospital and Dr. Bonanni - a lot of our 'newbies' out here are having their surgery with him. Wish you all the best with your surgery! Loving your surgeon and the people you'll be dealing with is a major attribute to your success - I'm glad you found someone you're so comfortable with.

Keep us posted - we're here all the time!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Jackie Fisher
on 11/3/11 10:24 pm - PA
Great news Rachel!! Welcome aboard and best of luck!!

Jackie
"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."

-Jackie

Ready2BHealthy2011
on 11/4/11 12:29 am - PA
Thanks so much Jackie.. I actually met Dr Medvetz first, she was awesome..super nice..
Rachael
apple60
on 11/3/11 11:34 pm - schwenksville, PA
  Hi my name is Linda . It will be 3yrs for me Nov.11th I can't believe it already. I thought it would never get here and now it is 3yrs. already.Ihad Dr. Bonanni and he is very caring and sensitive to your feelings. I know quite alot of people who had him and that is why I went to him. So good luck .
Ready2BHealthy2011
on 11/4/11 12:31 am - PA
Wow Linda 3 years.. thats great.. congrats.. how are u doing with it?  I really enjoyed Dr Bonanni, he is great!  Thanks so much for the reassurance.
Rachael
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views