Wet wednesday Roll Call

bvohl
on 11/2/11 1:16 am
Good Morning Nicole and PA!

Nicole, Kathy, Lisa- I am sending you love, support and healing thoughts! It seems that everyone is going through difficulties in one way or another.

I am also dealing with stuff too, but trying not to dwell on it too much! I came to the conclusion last night that I cannot worry about things that I cannot control, especially about my health. It is not going to accomplish anything me worrying about it! I am following up and I should be getting some testing done next week. YIPPEE!!!

Today is a busy day, working both jobs til 5, then going to the free clothing giveaway, then going home to do homework with the child, then bath and bed.

Hopefully things will get better for those of you who are going through a difficult time!

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jastypes
on 11/2/11 3:59 am - Croydon, PA
Vent away, people!!!  This is a great place to let it all out and feel supported.  Prayers continue for those of you struggling with life issues.

I've actually got one of those going on myself.  My most difficult boss -- a female attorney -- got on my very last nerve last week as she cleaned out her office in preparation of her leaving for vacation.  Instead of my having a relaxing week, I am cleaning up all the crap that she has let go for months.  I decided to talk to my supervisor about it, and I'm afraid I've opened up a can of worms.  I felt so righteous and justified, and went in armed with proof of some scary misconduct -- like really, really late filings of pleadings, etc.  My manager believes the issues are serious enough to address with my #1 boss -- senior partner.  Oh boy, what have I done???

My manager promises to protect me in this situation, and swears my job is not in jeopardy, but I can imagine the "target" attorney taking great offense to my outing her.  I should have prayed about it before stepping out, but I didn't.  Today when I prayed about it on the train, I hear from God, "Whatever happens, you will learn and grow, and you will be okay."

I realize that I am so used to people pleasing, enabling, being my co-dependent self in all aspects of my life, that stating an honest opinion still feels foreign to me.  I am terrified at this moment.  Bill assures me that I did the right thing for the firm and for myself.  This is the first time since I started working here 6.5 years ago that I have ever complained about anything, and I probably should have done it sooner rather than holding it in, letting it fester and get worse. 

Somehow I think this ties into weight loss surgery.  Isn't it crazy?  I mean, I had the surgery, lost a ton of weight, found a voice and divorced my abusive husband.  I fell with alcohol and relapsed with food, and went back into my shell for quite a while.  Working a 12-step program (okay, 2), eating right again, lost the weight again and re-found my voice.  But that scares me to death!!!

just sharing and venting here like everyone else.  thanks.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views