Wet wednesday Roll Call

Nicole0216
on 11/1/11 8:05 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi all. It was late last night and I was worrying for quite a while but we did get word that my pap got through his surgery. They were able to do it lap which is good. They gallbladder was very diseased, and the tissue and ducts around it. He is still in a lot of pain but they are managing it. He was able to talk to people answer questions and recognize people. I am glad he made it through but I am still worried. I have read too many stories about the elderly who are fragile, have surgery spend too much time in the hospital and pick up other things. I will just keep sending healing thoughts.

Had an awful exchange with my departed counselor. He told me that I was an awful supervisor once again. I had to clean his nasty office out and there were things that were personal of his and I was calling to try and arrange for him to get his stuff. I told him that his theory of leaving that day and not saying good bye to his patients turned out to be a big mistake because his patients are struggling. Anyway he screamed at me over and over, I of course lost my cool and told him that he was pathetic.

I let our HR person know just in case there was any fall out which I doubt would happen. Boy was I wrong, I am now in trouble because I did not let her call him, and because I did not present a united front with her about us accepting his decision to leave on the spot!. Just cannot win with these people, next time i just throw everything away. If it isnt important enough for you to take it with you, it goes in the trash. 

I need a break and I dont know how to take one. I am at the point where I seriously wish they would fire me so that I could get unemployment and take a break.
I am so very sory to be downer but you all are my only outlet. That in itself is not a good thing either but I am working on it.

Hope you all can have a good Wednesday and that it is better for everyone today.
proudmama13
on 11/1/11 8:51 pm - Bristol, PA
Hi PA,

Nicole - so glad your pap is ok!  I may not always post, but I lurk a lot and keep everyone in my prayers

Today I have my appointment with my PCP to get the letter of support from her for bariatric surgery.  Currently my husband and I are sitting within about ten feet of each other civilly ignoring each other.  We had a huge blowout last night in which he stated, "YOU can go to work all day like I do and I'll go on sabbatical and stay home and take naps with the baby all day."  He has no idea what care for a 2 month old is like.  We talked about it and I told him I didn't think it was fair that he judged me when he has no idea.  (Twice a month on a Saturday night he does night time baby duty so that I can get some uninterrupted rest, and that wipes him out and yet he thinks I do nothing all day/night!!!!!)  He said he didn't think it was that he was judging me but that he was criticizing me "to help me grow" as a person.  I told him that I didn't need or want his help for my personal growth.  

His rationale is so effed up.  I am so angry right now I want to scream!  I have kept my mouth shut for two years while he changed jobs 5 times.  All he does is moan about how he is being taken advantage of at work and that he does everything at home.  

Well, my little man is calling for my attention.  Sorry about the verbal diarrhea, but I needed to vent to somebody before I exploded!

Thanks all, 
Love and hugs, 
Selena 

Nicole0216
on 11/1/11 9:03 pm - Lancaster, PA
Selena that is pretty messed up. I am sorry that you do not have support from him. Please find some because going through WLS without support at home is sooo hard. You will need it elsewhere.

I am sorry and I hope that things will improve for you. I cannot imagine how hurt you are.
dit657
on 11/1/11 10:06 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning all - Nic, hugs and prayers to you as you struggle with all these work/life issues. I cannot imagine being treated that way by a co-worker - or even an ex-co-worker. How can this man call himself a counselor when he treats a co-worker so badly? And I'd say judging by his actions toward you his patients should be happy he left without saying good-bye. That just goes beyond being un-professional.

Sending prayers your way for your Pap as well - hope he stays strong and gets out of the hospital soon.

So after watching the evening news last night I was REALLY depressed - if I base my life on what they talked about as far as health concerns for women I might as well just crawl into a hole and die! The first story was on alcohol and wine and it's affect on women and breast cancer - and not that I'm taking it lightly, but I do think the media loves to overblow this stuff - and while I'm not an every night drinker I do like a glass of wine some nights - won't be giving that up - guess I'll just take my chances.

Then they moved on to the 'happiest woman in the US' story - okay - again, I am the polar opposite of that woman right now, according to the news! I have no family around (except a lazy, moody nephew, so we won't go there) - I have no real friends at work anymore and haven't for at least 5 years when they moved all the other admins out of here to another location - my job is totally unfulfilling now and I have more than a 2 hour commute each day.

Now where is that hole I need to crawl into?? So yes, it is time for me to move on - I have a few more months working here, but I will honestly be glad when I can call it quits and move into the next phase of my life. Don't get me wrong - I will miss the money I make here and the good benefits - mostly the 5 weeks of vacation - but I am determined to find something part-time in Florida and not do 11-12 hour days anymore, and I refuse to have more than a 15 minute commute one way down there - if I have to say 'Can I supersize that order for you?' in order to make that happen, I will.

OK - sorry - that was my morning rant!

hugs and prayers to all struggling today (including me!) LOL!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 11/1/11 10:18 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Nicole nd PA,
Nicole, so sorry to hear about the bad discussion with the counselor.  He does not at all sound like a professional.

I am about to get ready to attend my Morning Bible Study.  I am anxious because I normally attend the evening one, and this will be a different group of ladies.  

After the study, I will stop by my AA meeting and get that in.  Then, home to rest my foot.

I am making progress on my bedspread for Isabel.  It is officially too big to schlep around now.  Must stay home with it.

Gotta scoot.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 11/1/11 10:56 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA

Nicole - glad to hear that your Pap is recovering, sending prayers for you and your family.
Sorry to hear you are experiencing such negativity at work. 

I'm off today.  I have my 2 yr check up today, so I took the day off.  Well it's not completely off, I have to call my AVP to address a situation that began last Friday, which I have been working to resolve.  Almost there, she was tied up in meetings last night till very late, after I was out of the office so around 9 I'll give her a call to address the latest snafoo and address that and more on to the rest of my day being work free.

It was so nice to be able to relax and sleep in this morning.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.  I've been wanting chicken pot pie lately so maybe a trip to Whole Foods to pick up the ingredients I don't have at the house.  We'll see.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 11/1/11 11:38 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Nic,

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for both your Pap and YOU!  I hope that you can find a place within yourself to be able to know you are not what other people define you as and that the helping professions are just a tough business, you want to be of help, but often get bogged down and critized in such a manner as to feel like you are the problem.  Don't let anyone tell you you're defective, you are a worthwhile, wonderful person.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lisa H.
on 11/2/11 12:39 am - Whitehall, PA

It just never ends around here does it.  At least there is some good news on the homefront with your pap, Nicole. 

I am STILL without power. I was tolerant until yesterday afternoon when I found out that the rest of the complex HAS power and my building is the only one out of 29 that still does not.  Really?!  Seriously???? My apartment is a mess, Siehara and I are frustrated, and I just want to sleep in a warm bed.. not to mention having to come into the office to work when I have had little sleep.   I actually brought clothes with me today and showered downstairs.  There is a fitness room in the building so they have showers in the first floor bathroom.  

I had to go into Dress Barn last night for a few hours because she could not find coverage.  Siehara went to the mall with her friend and then was dropped off at our neighbor's apartment so she could be warm for a little while before I got home.  They told us we could spend the night, but Siehara just wanted to come home.  We snuggled together in bed with the kitties who just wanted to share our body heat, too. 

Today, I got up hoping that there would be power but there was not.  So, I sent Siehara off to school and came into the office and showered.  I wor****il 2:45ish and then I have to take Siehara to the endocrinologist for a follow up.  After that, hopefully the power will be back on and I can do dishes and laundry.  I DON'T  have to work at Dress Barn tonight, thankfully.  So, even if there is no power, I can at least straighten up some.  

Here's hoping everybody's issues start improving. 

Love you all! 

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 11/2/11 1:02 am - Lancaster, PA
I am so sorry you are without power still. I am so sorry that the party had to be canceled. But dear lord you are managing it like a champ, You really do impress me LIsa. God love ya
Lisa H.
on 11/2/11 1:44 am - Whitehall, PA

Thanks Nicole.  I am trying really hard to remain positive.  It's so hard, though, especially since everyone around me has their power back. 

Siehara is really having a hard time dealing with it and that makes it even harder on me.  I have to try to remain calm around her so as not to add to her anxiety even more. 

One of the lines in my speech to her on her Bat Mitzvah was something I've seen on FB and other places recently.  It really sticks right now, especially.

That quote is: "When something bad happens you have three choices.  You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strenghten you."  I added that I hope that you (she) continue(s) to gain strength from all of your challenges in life.

I'm hoping that this is in the back of her head.  I'm going to print out my speech to her so she has it to look back on. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views