Tuesday Roll call

Nicole0216
on 10/31/11 10:07 pm - Lancaster, PA
OMG I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GET THROUGH THIS DAY WITHOUT EATING! 
I CANNOT GET THROUGH MY WORK DAY IN THE POSITION WITHOUT STUFFING MY FACE
steffihope
on 10/31/11 10:14 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Nicole - I have no ideas for you as I made sure to bring in my SF cookies and pistachios with me because I am feeling bad for myself.  It is a HORRIBLE feeling!!!!!!  I wish I had some answers.  Sorry you are struggling......It seems to be an epidemic!
dit657
on 10/31/11 10:18 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Sending prayers to you and your grandfather, Nic - I don't know why we want to eat when we're so stressed - I wish I was one of those people who didn't reach for food when I'm stressed! I've been grazing like crazy since we've been in the throes of buying this second house - 16 days to go and hoping I don't eat myself to death in the interim.

Easier said than done, but stay strong - and drink lotsof water - maybe that'll help you get through the day (but I can honestly say it doesn't really work for me...). Sometimes I really hate food and the effect it has on me.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 10/31/11 10:55 pm
Nicole,

Just know that I am here for you!! Call me if you need to!!!!

Love and hugs,

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jastypes
on 10/31/11 11:40 pm - Croydon, PA
Prayers going up this morning for all my OH friends who are struggling with a variety of issues -- stress, work, health and home! 

It is so difficult to find a way to deal with stress besides eating when you are in the middle of the stress!  I think you need to give yourself a break, and then when things calm down, explore other stress-relieving strategies.  The best one I've found -- talk about it with others!!!!!  That's also the toughest for me in any setting other than online.  :::sigh:::  I'm definitely still a miracle in progress.

Eating through a problem is no more a choice for me anymore than drinking through a problem is.  I have learned the hard way that those things don't solve ANY of my problems, and, in fact, usually make them worse or just add a whole different problem.  OA has helped me learn not to eat at people. 

Today I am meeting with my office manager to discuss some of the issues I have with my most difficult attorney.  I'm crazy nervous about it, but I feel it will help me in the long run.  Tonight is my OA meeting.  I'm sitting at work in my size 14 pants -- yay!!! -- and thinking about the subject of self-sabotage and how I can avoid it this time around.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

dit657
on 10/31/11 10:24 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Happy November 1st everyone - prayers and well wishes going out to everyone on the boards who are suffering and dealing with 'issues' today - Ida, Liz, Steffi, Nic - I think one of the best things about this board is that we can share our problems with each other and not feel judged or embarrassed to do so.

We're 16 days away from settlement on the Florida house and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stressed to the max right now. We're still waiting for the appraisal to come back and I think that will be the last big hurdle, but the whole mortgage process always throws me into a panic - especially now with how strict the lenders are being. I guess if we've made it this far we're good to go, but I'm still holding my breath until everything is finalized and signed and done.

Hopefully my husband will survive this process as well, and trust me, not due to stress on HIS part, but on mine, because I'm about ready to blast him! I know he's older, I know he works hard - but I also know he could help me a little more than he is.

OK - that's my rant/vent for the day - hope everyone is doing better by the end of the day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 10/31/11 11:31 pm - Whitehall, PA

Morning all.. sorry that so many people are going through so much stuff right now.  I still don't have power either.  I've heard Thursday or Friday but who knows.  I know Norm and Mary got their power back last night and someone I know who lives down the street from me got his on last night.  Hope is eternal, right? 

I went to the gym last night and did zumba and pilates and took a shower there.  My favorite psycho Suzy was there teaching pilates and she is also without power and had to shower there.   Siehara hung out at the mall and in Barnes & Noble while I was at the gym.  She read a book and charged her phone in B&N.   Then, we snuggled in my bed and were probably asleep by 9.

This morning, I got her off to school and gathered my work computer and schlepped it into the office.  I am now in the office in Allentown working away with a bunch of other people who also don't have power.  I am supposed to work at Dress Barn tonight, but if there is no power, I'm not leaving Siehara home alone.  My neighbor offered to let her stay with them, but they will be in and out all night and she would be left with their daughter.  The two of them have a hot and cold relationship and with the added stress of no power, I don't think it's a good idea to leave them without adult supervision.   I'm thinking that we'll head back up to my friend Carla's to hang out and sleep over.  I'm going to leave my work PC here and if the power comes back on tonight, I'll just come in and work 1/2 day here and then bring it home at lunch time to finish my day.

I'm exhausted and know that when the power comes on there is a lot to be done at home.  The place is a mess, laundry and dishes need to be done, ugh...

Hope everyone is staying warm and dealing with all of the issues in their life with strength. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views