Tuesday Roll call

IdaMae D.
on 10/31/11 9:00 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning.

Yesterday started out a terrible day.  Working on my paper all weekend I never thought to go out and clean off the car so I could go to work.   So yesterday started out, standing in mud trying to get solid ice off my windshield, broke the windshield wiper while trying to scrape, broke two scrapers.  Went into the house to ask Gene if it was okay to drive without one wiper blade.  And prior to that, since I don't have anyplace to hang my clothes except for one closet, the clothes hangers I have multiple hangers hanging on broke so most of my clothes ended up on the floor so I had to clean that up prior to leaveing for work.....Had to take the truck to work which I'm not used to driiving and Gene kept the car and fixed the wiper blade for me so I could use the car today....

Today I've made my protein shake, have to finish getting ready for work as I sip on that.

Not much planned for today, work, then home. 

One good thing that came out of yesterday, I didn't have class last night so Gene helped me find the cord to the treadmill and we were able to follow it to see why the treadmill was not getting any electric.  So tonight I plan to come home and start my treadmill walking again. 

Hope you all have a wonderful day and stay warm.....

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 10/31/11 9:11 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Ida, you just cannot catch a break!! ((HUGS)) to you for a better day today!

Today I am taking a sick day because I have an appointment with my regular hemotologist so we can discuss whether or not I should get another bone marrow biopsy. I hope he doesn't want to do it today, I will fight to make sure that it can be done on another day when I can have Steven with me and I can be put out! Of course it is in the middle of the day, but that is ok I have plenty of things to keep me busy!

Tonight we are going to go to Bounce U with Dee's friends. They are doing a candy buy back program. Bring in 2lbs of candy and get a free bounce! I would so much rather her be active then eat all that crap! There is still some leftover so she won't feel totally deprived!

That is it for me!
Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Liz R.
on 10/31/11 9:13 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Ida - Sorry you are having a bad run :(

I'm right there with you. I hate to be a downer, because it isn't how I usually am but this loss of power and being displaced from my home is starting to get to me. WE are on day 3 of no electric which also means no heat and no running water. There are trees down everywhere, it's like driving in a post-tornado town. Estimated date for power to be back on is thursday / friday. We've lost everything in our fridge and 2 freezers as well as all our fi****'s a lot of loss but not enough to meet our homeowners deductible.

Sigh

So anyway. Work today until 3:30 then headed home to throw away all of the food in the fridge and freezer, head back to my parents to either spend the night there or pack up Amelia and we'll head to my Grandmothers in NJ. Chris has his next appt in his 6 month pre-op class today. He met with teh Dr last week and said we're probably looking at an early April surgery date at this point.
dit657
on 10/31/11 10:13 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Sorry to hear your power is still out - that's crazy that it's going to be out so long. I would definitely think about getting a generator, Liz - if for no other reason than to keep your freezers running and save your food. We lost 2 freezers full of meat right after we moved into this house and went out afterwards and bought a generator - it was defintely worth it.

Crossing my fingers that your power is back on soon - good luck to Chris at his appointment today!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
IdaMae D.
on 11/1/11 7:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
Liz;
Sorry to hear you are still without power.  I can't imagine being without power for this long, hope you have your electric soon.  Awesome news for Chris....
Ida

IdaMae

steffihope
on 10/31/11 9:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I am right there with you Ida - and today is not any better.  Larry had a huge rageful fit last night and deliberately broke our bedroom door off its hinges and broke the frame.  He now wants me to be all supportive because HE is feeling ALONE **** off is what I am actually feeling right now, but the good wife in me will, of course, cow tail to his needs until he is stable again.  He has not had a fit like this in several years. However, it was very scary and Josh took the girls over to the loft to sleep.  Emily was up VERY late - watching movies.  I am pretty sure I am not going to send her to Hebrew School today.  I turned off Larry's alarm clock and I am going to take Emily in to school.  I will then head in myself and call Molly's therapist and leave a message.  I would like Larry to go to her some time today just to clear his head.  I would be willing to leave school to help him through.  But I can't be sure that I would be calm and loving in her office.  And to add insult to injury - Josh is pissed at me because he thinks I started the whole thing.  Seriously?!?!  I am more hurt at that this moment.  This is nothing to do with how angry I was with Larry last night.  If you can't control your anger, then something is VERY wrong.

I am really at a loss now.  I am angry at Larry and at myself.  Him, of course, for doing more damage to the house which is still in disarray from the hurricane in which he has still NOT turned in the paperwork for the contents lost and me for allowing him to tell me what HE needs in lieu of getting what I need.  I needed him to just go to sleep last night, so I acquiesed and "stroked" his poor damaged ego.

So, as for my day - I am heading in to work.  there is drama there as well.  Several students stole from me last week when I was out and we got most of the information yesterday - so today will be confrontations and hopefully consequences.  Also have a stupid grade group meeting with the principal.  You can only imagine the joy I am feeling right now.  I am going to try my damndest to keep  my mouth shut.  With the anger that is inside of me, anything I say may or may not be covered in sarcasm due to my life being so much more than my effing job at this moment.

I hope your beginning of November is calm....I will try to do the same for me!
Liz R.
on 10/31/11 11:25 pm - Easton, PA
yea the weather sure does cause a ***** of problems doesn't it...
IdaMae D.
on 11/1/11 7:54 am - Philadelphia, PA

Wow Steffi, so sorry to hear you are dealing with all this. 

I hope you and Larry get back on track. 

sending you big hugs and lots of love....

Ida

IdaMae

Nicole0216
on 10/31/11 9:39 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi all. Well I am at work and guess what grumpy. If anyone has any hints, ideas or anything to help me adjust my attittude please let me know. I need help. I know it is up to me, no one else can do it,

My friend Jessica's father did pass yesterday. I dont know if you she decided to be there or not or when the services are. I wont be able to go I am sure but will send some flowers. I feel bad for her, but I also have feelings about the fact that this is a friend, who has no problem heavily involving me when she has a crisis, but never calls me otherwise, or even makes an effort to see me when I come down to visit unless it is under her terms.  I know that this is just another relationship I am going to have to evaluate and make a decision about. I have put myself in a position to be the friend people call on when they have a problem, but not the one they call when they want to hang out or have fun.  I have picked friends that are not there for me when I need them. This is no ones fault but my own, but it is hard to make changes in your life. I know that I need to do this.

My grandfather is having surgery today at 1230 send him prayers he is old and frail and a gall bladder removal is not an easy surgery for someone his age,. I am so  worried for him
IdaMae D.
on 11/1/11 7:57 am - Philadelphia, PA
SEnding prayers to you and your grandfather...

Also sending hugs and love to you...

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views