Thrilling Thursday

Laureen S.
on 10/26/11 11:11 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi PA Friends,

I cannot believe it is 9:12 in the a.m. and there is no roll call, not often I'm able to do it, but here I go. . .

My day is going to be like any other work day and when it's over it will be time to go home and Owen will come over, as last night he ran out of steam, to fix a door that sticks in my house, I will feed him some of my delicious split pea soup made with smoked turkey legs meat and carrots and then we will head out to our AA homegroup meeting.

Last night I baked some awesome carrot muffins, low-fat, made with whole wheat flour, though I used the Splenda brown sugar/blend, which I don't have an adverse reaction to, besides which it only called for half a cup for the whole batch, which netted 15 muffins in all.  They are yummy and I got the recipe from Sparkpeople.  I'm in that mode of baking and cooking and soon enough I won't have (heck I'm there) room in my freezer for all the goodies I've been baking and cooking lately, it's that time of year.  Good news is I am still maintaining my weight by staying on top of what I am eating.  Trying to keep my calorie intake below 1400 per day, doing ok on most days.

Well that's about it for me, hope you all have a great day, wishing peace and strength to those facing life's tougher challenges.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 10/27/11 1:10 am
Good Morning Laureen and PA!!!

WHERE IS EVERYONE???

I cannot believe that I am only the second one posting on roll call?!?!

Today is a rainy, dreary day. I left a little early this morning anticipating alot of issues because of the rain. I was able to stop off and get gas in my car and still make it to work on time!!

Working both jobs, then rushing to pick up the child, packing for a weekend trip, doing some last minute things, dinner somewhere in there, then off tomorrow!! YIPPEE!!!!!

Have a great day!

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dit657
on 10/27/11 1:23 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good late morning ladies - I tried getting on early this morning to post but couldn't connect - got a message saying 'Server issues' so I don't know if it was on my end or OH's, but I'm just getting around to checking back in.

Been a busy morning - getting tons of paperwork now from the mortgage company - they're ordering the home appraisal today and that's the last big hurdle I think we have to encounter. Most of the documentation they're requesting from us has been sent - just waiting on 2 more pieces of information.

Last night I was in the basement storage area again cleaning out - 3 trash bags full of junk - one huge pile for Goodwill or Purple Heart - found 2 more Franklin Mint dolls that I can possibly sell to a woman who bought one at my yard sale. Sending her photos of them tonight. So I am making good headway down there.

Tonight is hair refurb night - color and cut. Then home to photograph the dolls and get them on their way.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 10/27/11 1:45 am - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Laureen and PA,
I tried to get into Obesity Help earlier this morning and could not.  Both OFF and PA sites were down for me.  Oh well.

I just got home from getting my stitches out, and went and got my car at my sister's.  Then, I ran into the Amish Farmers Market for some goodies.  Got a soup bone for Utley, and a few other things.  

I have to run to AC Moore and exchange some yarn.  Then, I have an appointment.  Tonight, I have Bible study, which I love.

Now that I can drive, I can pick up more AA meetings.  Not being able to drive for two weeks was making me crazy.

Have to scoot.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

steffihope
on 10/27/11 3:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Hi there - I thikn the issue with people posting today was that the OH was off line for a while this morning.  I tried to log on much earlier and was turned away.  I am home today.  I took off yesterday and today to try to stop my head from spinning.  I am a bit anxious about going back tomorrow to see what was NOT done and what I hav to clean up, but it was a two day min-vaca that I needed.

I actually don't feel guilty as I thought that I would.  I have to do another set of lesson plans today based on the changes that the principal wants me to change.  I am hopeful that it wont take as long as it did last week. I am contemplating talking with her about the amount of time it takes to get everything done.  I only have one 45 minute period a day to grade, do lesson plans, update paperwork, hang up student work, organize what has already been done and get ready for the new lesson.  And while mose educators do spend many hours of their own time working, contractually we only have to be working in my building form 8:26 to 3:15.  I still have to parent my children, and do all the other important life stuff that get in the way of working 24/7.

Anyway - I am home, have my therapist appointment this afternoon and then home with Larry tonight.  That is all for me! 
Laureen S.
on 10/27/11 3:53 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Steffi,

I was just surprised, so I guess since I don't generally have time in the morning before work, it did me good this morning, as I used to enjoy doing the roll call when I had the chance, it's nice to get those emails and read them throughout the day. . .

Glad you are not feeling guilty about taking some time out and that you will spend time with your hubby this evening. . .

Take care, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bethmal
on 10/27/11 8:13 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
Steff - I hear you on the 45 minutes for planning and getting everything done.  It is impossible!!!  I always bring work home.  It doesn't always get done but I bring it home.  This is the downside to teaching.  Hope you have a good day back!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Lisa H.
on 10/27/11 10:24 am - Whitehall, PA
So the days almost over, but here I am posting.  I got up early to get Siehara up for school and then went back to sleep after she left.   I slept til about 9, so that was really nice!

Then, the running began.. I went to Produce Junction to get some of the stuff that we need for lunch.  Then, I went over to Wegman's looking for this vinagraitte that they make for the quinoa avocado salad we are making.  They didn't have it, but I also found out that it isn't kosher anyway.  So, I looked on line and found a recipe that we can just make ourselves.   I also met up with my friend to pick up the tilapia for dinner and we had a nice lunch together. 

From there, I went to another farmer's market for more produce and came home.  Siehara and I went to the synagogue for a dress rehearsal with the rabbi.  He was in a great mood and was really good with her.  She did a fantastic job on her portions!! I am so proud of her!  She didn't seem nervous at all!!   After dress rehearsal, we stayed around and Sarah took pics of us with the Torah and in the sanctuary since we won't be able to take pics Saturday afternoon.    We will take more Saturday evening, but I wanted to get some good ones in before hand.

Stopped at Target on the way home from there to pick up freezer bags so I could take the fish out of the individually wrapped packaging to save time for the person preparing for us Saturday night.    Came home and put the fish in baggies.. sent Siehara to bed early because she was getting on my nerves big time with her attitude.  I know she's nervous, but she was just not stopping.  She didn't argue the bedtime thing, so she must be tired.  

Now, I am going to finish up my speech to her and get to bed.  Another busy day of cooking and running all over town for last minute stuff tomorrow. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views