Hi I am new!

lynnc99
on 10/26/11 6:37 am
Let me welcome you also! I don't post as much as some others here, but do lurk and appreciate the great support here on the board! I agree with Laureen that the key early on is to learn all you can....and be patient. My insurance journey was a long one, but absolutely worth it! I had my Rey on7.15.09 (sounds like so long ago) and lost 103 lbs. my loss has maintained at 95-99 lbs lost.

See you around the board!
Twizzled D.
on 10/26/11 9:31 am
 Welcome from a fellow newbie (I'm up in the northeastern part of the state).  I don't really have any advice because I'm still pre-op and going through the insurance hoops... guess the only thing I could give is this:
When you do decide on your surgeon, don't ever be afraid to call with questions - to them or to the insurance company. I don't usually relish in being a PitA, even though I'm supremely awesome at it, but it's your procedure, your life...take charge and if you need something clarified or done.... call for it! 
-Kristi

IdaMae D.
on 10/26/11 10:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hello, welcome to the PA Boards. 

I don't have any advice on Abington, good luck with your appointment.

My hubby and I both had our surgeries @ Temple, hubby @ Temple on Broad Street, me in Jeanes Hospital.

We are a very open group so any questions you have don't hesitate....

Again Welcome.....

Ida

IdaMae

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/11 6:48 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Look at the top of the page and see "Forums";  click on that and the menu will show the various
forums for the different surgery types.  The opening page will often have some indepth info re: the
particular surgical procedure.

Other than that, I recommend looking at the individual profiles for the people who post here.  Click
on the name of the person and it should take you to the profile.  If it's not available or is private,
go to another one.  Keep trying.

You'll get a lot of great info;  people are very open about their surgeries and the ins and outs of
recovery.

Good luck.
Nicole0216
on 10/26/11 8:01 pm - Lancaster, PA
Welcome to the PA Board we are active, tight knit but always have room for one more
sharon T.
on 11/30/11 4:48 am - PA
 Hi, I'm Sharon 

I'm new also.I am hoping to have a RNY. My insurance company is very tough!I have to wait 6 mos, and also lose about 30 LBS.I haVE ANOYHER MONTH TO GO!THE ONLY WAY I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LOSE A LITTLE WEIGHT IS BY DRINKING SHAKES.Having to lose this much weight is difficult at best and very frustrating,but I will hang in. You hang in also. Go to support meetings they do help.Many of us newbees are going through the same things.Keep communicating. good luck hope to get the support that I need from the community!Here's looking forward to seeing less of you!

SHARON T-PA.

merrymorris
on 10/27/11 12:31 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
 Wow, you guys are all so helpful! Thank you so much for taking the time to post all the great information! I really appreciate it.
Laureen S.
on 10/27/11 1:23 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Pretty much the best board around ;)

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 10/27/11 2:18 am - Croydon, PA
Welcome!  So glad you found us!  I'm Jill.  4+ years out.  Loving life.  Best advice?  SUPPORT!!!  Let us be a part of your journey! 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

steffihope
on 10/27/11 3:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Merry - another Philly girl here.  Where in Philly are you?  I am in the Northeast.  I had my RNY over 2.5 years ago at Barix.  I only want to second what others here have said, the key to long term success is support.  Ask ANY question you have, NOTHING is too much and nothing is to TMI in this group.  We are here to push and pull each other through this journey.  It doesn't ever end.  

I wish you the best of luck with all the hoops you may have to jump through.  The sense of being overwhelmed is usual and normal.  The best advise I have is to make some lists and cross things off one at a time.  It is all worth it in the end.  Ask every question you can think of at your appointment on the 4th.  It is going to be scary and enlightening at the same time.  If you follow the directions you will be amazed at the results!

Good luck! :)

Steffi :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views