OT: Attention all yarn lovers.

Patricia R.
on 10/23/11 10:48 pm - Perry, MI
 I am involved in knitting and crocheting scarves for the Special Olympics Pennsylvania Winter Games.  If you wish to help out, here is a website that gives all the details on how you can use your talents to make a scarf for a special athlete in Pennsylvania.

http://www.scarvesforspecialolympics.org/states/view/38

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

victoria3
on 10/24/11 12:24 am - Douglassville, PA
Trish- I am already done 2 scarves and working on number 3...  I hope to get at least 5 or more sent out.

Patricia R.
on 10/24/11 1:34 am - Perry, MI
 You are awesome!!!  Are you knitting or crocheting them?  Also, are you using the Red Heart Soft, or the Super Saver.  I can't find the Soft anywhere.  I am going to order it online soon.  I do have two skeins of the Super Saver.

Thanks,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

victoria3
on 10/24/11 3:38 am - Douglassville, PA
Crocheting with the Super Saver. I did find the Red Heart Soft at Joann's over the weekend, but I already have 2 of each of the blue and red.  When I run out of the Super Saver will switch over to the Soft.  I don't have the hand-eye coordination to knit....

Twizzled D.
on 10/24/11 10:00 am
 Thanks for posting this! I don't do anything that involves eye-hand coordination (since I have none) but forwarded the link to my mom, who loves to crochet. 
-Kristi

Patricia R.
on 10/24/11 10:04 am - Perry, MI
 Thanks for passing it on.  It is so all of the athletes at the Winter Games in Johnstown can have a handmade scarf  by a supporter.  They give scarves to the volunteers who travel with the teams as well.  Our athletes in Bucks County wore theirs proudly last year.  

Gratefully,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views