Sunday Roll Call

bvohl
on 10/22/11 9:46 pm
Good Morning PA!!!

Sitting here sipping my coffee bright and early!

Got a good bit done yesterday but there is always more to do.

Today I am taking Dee to Hebrew School, then going to the store to pick up some things. Then home for a bit. By then it will be time to go back and pick her up! Going to get on laundry, getting things ready for the week, making cheeseburger pie for dinner and then hopefully some relaxation time!!

That is it for me!
What are you up to today??

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 10/22/11 10:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA

GM Beth & PA:

I'm up and working on my homework.  Submitted one assignment yesterday, have two more to go.

Today is the 15th anniversary of the death of my beautiful step-daughter.  She was killed by a drunk driver driving home from college in the late afternoon.  This day is etched in my mind, the police officer coming to my door, telling me I needed to get to the hospital, telling me to go and that he could not give me anymore information but to get there quickly and safely.  Just hearing those words coming form a cop that I knew.....I knew she was gone before I left teh house to go to hospital....That day was one of the longest drives of my life.....

The rest of today will be working on homework.  Yeah me....

Hope you all have a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 10/22/11 10:36 pm
Ida,

So sorry about your step daughter! I can only imagine what you were feeling.  A couple of years ago Steven had a motorcycle accident. He was taken to the hospital, the hospital then left a message on my answering machine that he was involved in an accident and that I should call. No other information. I was a puddle in the middle of the floor. Of course this was 5am when I got the message. At that time he was working the late shift, he was on 295 and some kid hit him from behind. I went to the hospital, crying the whole way....Thank god he was ok, banged up and lots of road rash, etc. His motorcycle didn't fair as well....he did get a new one though!

Hugs and strength to you!!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 10/22/11 10:44 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all... 

off to cook a bunch of stuff for Siehara's Bat Mitzvah.  There really isn't as much for me to do as I originally thought because our regular caterer is doing a lot of it.  

We are mostly going to be baking today.

Tonight I have to go into Dress Barn starting at 6 until whenever we are done.  We are doing a major floor move in the store and we don't know how long it will take.  

In between cooking and Dress Barn I will surely be napping in between supervising Siehara to make sure she finishes up chores she did not get done yesterday.  

Have a great day all. 

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 10/22/11 10:55 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all. Ida prayers to you on this day

I'm up and moving and surprised that I can even walk today, but doing pretty good so far. Yesterday hubby and I switched some rooms of furniture around - it was a huge job and we were both exhausted last night. Only one piece left to move and that's the china cabinet but we need my nephew and a friend to move that piece. It's just too big and heavy for us. The top does come off but again just too heavy and bulky. But I wanted to out the rooms back to how they are meant to be for selling purposes.

So today is finishing laundry and heading out to buy a new ceiling fan for the family room, some cleaning and I guess that's about it.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 10/22/11 11:05 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Beth and PA Peeps,
Had a fun evening with the family.  We had Chinese take-out and played Scrabble, which I lost both games.  I also made my AA meeting yesterday afternoon with my sponsor.  Good meeting.  I miss being able to drive myself to meetings whenever I want though.  Thursday cannot come too soon for me.

Today, I am heading out to my nephew's Special Olympics soccer game.  Fresh air and sunshine, here I come.  Depending on if/when my sponsor decides to make an AA meeting, I may get to one this evening.  We'll see.

I sure hope everyone has a superbly blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views