Saturday Roll Call (Chilly)

IdaMae D.
on 10/21/11 9:31 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA;

It's a bit nippy out today.  We do have heat in the house now.  The oil company we have a service agreement with for oil, was able to run the oil line the scumbag contractor cut and did not replace or address, so when we need heat we can turn it on.

Dealing with this violation, rape (is a good word to use for what this scumbag did to us), we've experience with the house has been extrememly  hard.  I am so very thankful you are all here and listen to me when I need to vent.  Although I can't vent as much it is such a comfort knowing I have the option of reaching out if/when I totally fall apart.

Today I'm up and starting this homework.  No words to describe the amount of work to complete this class and then the next class - holy crap.  The entire class is freaking out about the next class, none of us know when/how we are going to complete all the work that is due.

Other than homework, nothing else, I'm chained to this computer no matter how nice it is outside for this entire weekend.

Hope you all have a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 10/21/11 11:53 pm
Good morning Ida and PA!

Ida, we are here for you no matter what! I cannot imagine the stress that you are under!!

Today I am going to get an oil change done. I have been putting it off for way too long. I am going to jiffy lube, I don't like going there but you don't need to make an appointment so that is where we will go. Pay bills, laundry, cleaning, etc is on the agenda!!

That is it for me!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Twizzled D.
on 10/22/11 12:35 am, edited 10/22/11 12:35 am
 Good morning, PA! It definitely is chilly out there this morning...I don't know that I'm ready for this weather. Of course, being the wonderful granddaughter that I am, I called my grandma (who just moved back home after living in Florida for 10 years) to welcome her back to Pennsylvania Autumn. I don't think she appreciated the sentiment...... LOL.

Sorry to hear about everything with your house AND your class, Ida. Those classes can be absolutely frustrating when it feels like professors forget we aren't students with no homes, families, jobs, etc, to worry about. 

I hate taking my car for oil changes, too, Beth! We're lucky that we have a service station here that will take fluid changes without an appointment - and it's not a national chain, so the prices are pretty reasonable...just for some reason, getting my car over there is more work than I can sometimes deal with... LOL! No idea why.... Are you a musician? (Asking because of your avatar). I've played flute for almost 23 years...used to be decent, not so much anymore. 

Today is a busy day. I'm trying to brave going outside to hang up the last of the Halloween decorations (just bought new lights) but it's so warm and one of my kitties is snuggled up against my leg and I'd hate to disturb him. This afternoon is my cousin's baby shower, and tonight is a friend's milestone birthday celebration. I don't know that I'll make it for the dinner but I'll be at the bar to see the band with them afterwards  - and maybe catch a little of the Penn State game in between. 

Enjoy your Saturday, all!

-Kristi

bvohl
on 10/22/11 10:05 am
Yes I am a musician! I also teach music in Camden, for the last 14 years or so! I have been playing clarinet for over 25 years. I also play flute, saxophone and a little of piano.

Have fun tonight!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

sandy L.
on 10/22/11 4:44 am - Altoona, PA
 Afternoon Ida and PA,

Ida you have so much going on, I don't know how you do it.  

Ran some errands today and just gonna take it easy.  Had BiPap issues Thursday night/Friday morning.  All the air went into my pouch, the pain woke me.  It's still sore and somewhat extended. Called the Sleep Center on Friday and have a message into the Dr's office that did the surgery.  

Have a good day,

Sandy

dit657
on 10/22/11 5:02 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good afternoon all - Ida, heat is a good thing!! Goad to hear someone stepped up and could fix it for you.

It's been a busy day for me so far. We had to have a document notarized this morning, then I went to the dentist. Lucky me no issues. Got home and hubby and I started moving furniture and rearranging rooms. Of course this used to be much easier when we were younger and had cheap furniture that didn't weigh much. Now it's big and stinking heavy! I just polished the hardwood floors in the dining room and now we can put the area rug back down and move the table in there - or our 'Flintstones' furniture as the last moving called it - lol!! But I think we're soon done - need my nephew a d a strong friend to move the china cabinet.

Tonight I see dinner being delivered from somewhere and a large glass of wine! My body is screaming now but I must finish.

Happy Fall to all. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views