Fantastic Friday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 10/20/11 9:13 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA

I'm awake, breathing, dressed, running out the door.  Work till 4ish.  The home to do tons and tons and tons of homework....got an extension for one of the assignments to turn the end of next week...

I did get a call from my youngest daughter last night.  Her PCP is concerned about her heart.  She had an EKG last night that came out abnormal.  Her heart rate is increasing each time the PCP sees her.  PCP wants her to see a cardiologist, the kids do not have health insurance and fall into the category that do not qualify for any help to get health insurence.  There really is something wrong in this country when a 31 yr old can't see the medical professionals they need to see.  I know how tough it is out there enrollment in the plan I am employed by keeps going up as more and more become uninsured and do become eligible for medicaid.  Both the kids work, my daughter's hours were cut just enough so the company does not have to give her health insurance, and my son-in-law works for a construction company and will have to pay full price to insure my daughter, the company does not insure spouses, it's a small outfit and can barely afford to insure the men working for them but do.  For him to pay the full amount to insure her, takes away from their household monies and being able to take care of running and keeping the house.   

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 10/20/11 9:32 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning PA and Ida - and you're right, Ida - there is something very wrong in a country like ours where people can't get decent health insurance without paying an arm and a leg. My nephew has Type 1 Diabetes and does have Medicaid,but he also knows he needs to make more money - doing that will most likely cost him his benefits and he can't afford to lose them. Sending prayers out to your daughter that everything is okay.

I'm at work - alone - which I love. Let's me get my day started before people start wanting this or that. Lots of traffic on the way in this morning.

Not sure what is on my agenda for the weekend - stopping to get my nails done after work. I would like to rearrange my house this weekend but am being met with opposition from my husband and nephew - spoil sports.

and that's about it - happy Friday! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 10/20/11 9:33 pm - Easton, PA
Ida - I am sorry to hear what your daughter is going through!  I sure hope that she can get the medical attention that she needs. Your daughter and I are the same age :)

I am here at work, still fighting off some bug. Working until 3:30, my salesman is off today so it should be a relatively quiet day I hope. After work headed to NJ to meet my Grandmother and pick up Mia. Then headed to Walmart (look Kathy- I do have another store I go to! lol) and ShopRite. WE'll grab something for dinner while we're out then it's home to put away groceries and play until bedtime! Tomorrow Chris works so Mia and I will do house work, sunday we are going to a pumpkin party.

Have a great weekend all!!
Laureen S.
on 10/20/11 11:08 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Ida,

I also am sorry to read about your daughter's health insurance woes and you are so right about how every American should be able to have affordable health coverage.  In the meantime, your daughter might be able to find a cardiologist that will take her on as a self pay, which might be at a reduced rate.  She might have to call around and explain her situation some, but there are some medical professionals out there that have a heart and I truly hope she finds one.  Where one of my roommates work, a nursery school, they just cut all their full time employees hours (non teaching staff) so that the don't have to offer them benefits, the way things are today is very skewed against the working class public, not sure what we can do, but something has to change in our country for sure, I have said for the past 5 years, a major revolution is coming, you can't keep stepping on the backs of the people you help you attain wealth and prestiege and think they are going to take it. . .

Anyway, it's Friday and I'm happy that I can look forward to two days without being on a schedule, not that I won't have plenty to keep me busy, but at least it's on my schedule and no one elses.  After work today I am meeting with a sponsee, heading to an AA meeting and then it will probably be bedtime (lol).

Hope you all have the very best of days and wishing peace and strength to face life's challenges.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 10/21/11 12:45 am, edited 10/21/11 12:45 am - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida and PA,
I hear you, Ida, about the health insurance.  My daughter works part time at her teaching job, just to pay for health insurance for her family.  She has preschooler and toddler and one on the way.  Her hubby is a contractor whose job does not provide insurance at all.  

I had a lovely evening at Bible study at my church last night.  A dear woman from the study picked me up and took me, because I can't drive myself.  I have to wait till Thursday, when my stitches come out.  

Found out Mom is not coming over today, so I have to wait till tomorrow to get my groceries, and go buy a toaster.  My toaster stopped working today.  I hate not being able to drive.

So, today is keep the foot elevated, and crochet day.  The foot is improving pain wise, thank God,  It is not 100% pain free, but I will take every little bit of improvement as a good sign.

Have a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 10/21/11 1:30 am
Good Morning Ida and PA!!!

Ida, I am so sorry your daughter is struggling with health issues and to top it off no health insurance. In countries like Canada and France EVERYONE gets insurance!! Watch the Michael Moore movie "Sicko" and you will be amazed how far behind we are as a country!

Today I am lucky enough to be covering music classes which gets me out of lunch duty so it is all good. I have already had the big (pain in the butt) kids. This afternoon is little kids and we will be watching a movie...

Work til 3 then MUST FIND SHOES!!! Need them for next weekend...I hate shoe shopping, unless it is for sandals...I am very picky when it comes to dress shoes. I don't like high heels, never did, but I don't want flats either. Went to payless last night and found a pair of shoes for Dee that look really cute! Then, this evening there is a family fun night at Dee's school. So, that will probably be our evening...

I also need to get an oil change for my car. Another thing I have been putting off...Hopefully tomorrow!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 10/21/11 7:33 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Beth;
I absolutely saw Michael Moores movie.  And working in healthcare I see the pros and cons of that movie.  There are some untruths in there, but most of it is on point.

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views