Tired Thursday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 10/19/11 7:55 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA;

Getting ready for work.  Working till 4ish today.  Have an afternoon meeting 1 to 3:30.  These afternoon meetings are taking too much out of the day.  Every week now 3 days a week same meeting, going over the same stuff, it's like beating a dead horse.  Someone from my department has to be on the meetings just in case, I've been identified as the department expert.  Yeah me.  There is a group of us that has a lot of fun emailing each other during the meeting which is a webcast/phone call, so that does help the afternoon move a bit more quickly.

I'm still buried in school work.  Received emails from next professor (she must be out of her mind is all my classmate and I can say)  They seem to forget we are all full time working adults in this class.  Have not caught up on assignments for present class and already have a ton of assignments due for the class that will begin Nov. 7th. 

The house is stll aggrivating, however, legally things are moving along.  A little bit of peace of mind in that area, however, the cost is quite a worry.   Finally no water pouring into the house.  The guys that worked on the yard and the drainage system around the foundation have saved our home from the foundation caving in.  Our house will remain standing.  It's still tough living in 2 rooms and a ripped apart bathroon.  One of these days that will be able to be addressed as well.....

Sounds like the temps are going to be dropping today with sunshine....

Hope you all have a wonderful day....

Ida

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 10/19/11 8:33 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Ida, PA Friends,

Well glad to hear your report that there is no water coming in, as everytime I think of you and hope for this nightmare you and Gene have been living in ends.  Best wishes for the days ahead to be less stressful.

Quick drive thru just to say hi and wish you all the best possible day, I'm off to ready myself for the workday, after work it is my weekly friend time with Owen and on to our homegroup meeting, then it's home to bed, exciting is not a word I'd use to describe my life, but sometimes the less excitement the better life is.

Hoping that you all have a good day and I am happy to know that Nan has gotten some positive news.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Liz R.
on 10/19/11 8:55 pm - Easton, PA
I'm with you Laureen - non exciting is OK for the most part! I like routine :)

Ida - glad that things are progressing, I hope that in the near future you can enjoy your home again!

I am at wor****il 3:30 then headed home to spend the evening with Amelia - make dinner and bath bottle, bed! Still feeling under the weather so I'll crawl myself into bed soon after her.
dit657
on 10/19/11 9:36 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning all - Ida, with everything going on with work and the house, is it possible to put your classes on hold for now? It just seems like you have so much on your plate, and it's becoming overwhelming.

I'm at work - got here bright and early - well, not bright - DARK! Man I miss that morning dose of sunshine. Nothing too exciting for me today - still working on some things for the new house - trying to get insurance quotes, finalize paperwork for the mortgage (that seems never-ending at times), and I forgot to take something out for dinner, so not sure what I'll do about that.

Hope everyone has a good day - blustery out there - hang on to your hats! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 10/19/11 10:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning everyone.  Ida - very funny about the emails between you and your friend during work meetings.  We just had a faculty meeting yesterday - the faculty is all upset and the moral is down, so a few of us were texting throughout the meeting!  ha ha ha!  It was a riot! :)  sometimes, you have to do what you have to do to NOT lose it!

I am at school at a decent hour for a change.  The problem with my getting in early like I used to, is that then I am not eating breakfast at home and stop at Wawa on the way in for a breafast sandwich.  It is not the end of the world, but I have to be here at 8 tomorrow as well and know that I will not have time for breakfast at home again.  I like to limit my wawa runs to once a week.  If that many!

Anyway - today is going to a busy day.  After school I have a dentist appointment, then Molly has her therapist appointment and then I have MY therapist appointment.  Then I am coming home, going to cuddle with Emily, feel like I haven't seen her in days and I will most likely crash in either my bed with Emily or her bed.  

That is all for me!  Have a great day everyone! :)
Patricia R.
on 10/19/11 10:46 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida and PA friends,
I sure hope your house situation settles soon.  The stress must be murder.  I know how I felt during my move, with boxes everywhere for weeks on end.  That stress was murder.  I cannot imagine working full time and taking classes also.  I guess that is why I retired on disability.  

I had an exhausting day getting my foot x-rayed and shopping yesterday.  Got two sweaters, brand new with tags on them, at the Salvation Army, one for $4, and one for $2.  What a find.  

Today is my rest the foot day.  My foot is sore from all the walking yesterday.  I get the stitches out in a week.  Still have to ice and keep the foot elevated.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 10/19/11 11:32 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all.. quick drive by..

Off to synagogue for Shemini Atzeret.. there is a memorial service today and I am doing the Haftorah, as well.  

After that I have to run to BJ's to return the "sprinkly cheese" I bought by accident.  

I have to work Dress Barn from 4-close tonight so I'll come home and relax a bit in between BJ's and work.

Nothing else.. stay grounded.. the wind is picking up. 

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 10/20/11 1:14 am
Good Morning Ida and PA!!

I wasn't able to post yesterday because we had an ALL DAY Professional day!! If nothing else it was entertaining and informative. More than I can say for most of our PD that we have to do! I was going to try and go to Barix last night but I was so tired I just couldn't muster up the energy to go. I was up extra early to get to the school where the PD was.

Today I work my one job til 3:30, then I NEED to go shoe shopping for both Dee and I. I have put it off long enough!! Pick up the child then home for dinner, shower, relax and bed!

Thank goodness tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views