ooooh Monday Monday roll call

dit657
on 10/17/11 3:07 am - Boothwyn, PA
Steffi, so sad to hear about your friend - and of all places for it to happen...wow. I hope they got to her in time so no permanent damage has been done. She's so young - that's scary - sending many thoughts and prayers her way and yours. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 10/16/11 11:55 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Lisa and PA Peeps,
Had a quiet weekend this weekend.  Went to an AA meeting with my sponsor driving on Saturday.  Sunday, I watched the Eagles win one, and then I lost the third game in a row of Scrabble to Mom.  Makes her so happy when she beats one of us fair and square.  We do not let her win at all.  

Today has me getting bloodwork and picking up a prescription of pain meds at the pharmacy.  I also have to get the mix-up straightened out about the nurse calling my sister's voicemail and leaving my test results there.  That can't happen today, because my sister is out of town.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 10/17/11 12:14 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Lisa, PA Friends,

Glad you have a day of "rest" (lol), well just being a fulltime Mom and working is already two fulltime jobs, enjoy your Zumba class.

Happy Monday and I'm sure you Eagle fans are breathing a sigh of relief, as we all know it was a must win game, which is how us Jets fans are feeling about tonight's game. 

So I finally was told that my xrays showed some mild arthritis and that I was all backed up (lol), didn't realize the xrays can show that, but then it makes absolute sense, as that is how they find out about obstructions, duh!  He did say that xrays are not definitive, which I already knew and it was why I did not want to go to the doctors, because once you go, it becomes a series of different doctors, different tests and a slew of appointments, but the pain has me ready to go the next step which is an orthopedic doctor.  I asked him about exercise, as that is the component most affected by the pain and he said, I should curtail my exercise for now to do it in a pool, which means suspending my current membership and finding another gym with a pool that I can join month to month.  I simply cannot forego the exercise portion of my life, I don't want to have a regain, after fighting so hard these past four months to lose the 7 pounds I am now down.  Lots to do over the next week and he also said if I wanted to try chiropractic, to get a copy of my xrays and take them to a reliable one, so those are some of my more immediate plans, though this week work is going to be busy, one girl out for kidney operation and a new case that filed less than 2 weeks ago, so lots of hands on work to be done. . .

My weekend went like this, Saturday I was in pain, forced myself to do some stuff that needed doing and attended an AA meeting.  Sunday was another beautiful day and Tony was down, went to breakfast, had the yummiest Apple/Bacon Pancakes at the Silver Dollar Diner, of course, I could only eat one of them, so I have a whole weeks worth of breakfast, as Tony never eats all his French Toast either, though today we had a special treat in the form of a vendor treating us to this thing called "Omlet King" which is a traveling breakfast maker, I had a nice omlet this morning. . .  anyway, back to Sunday, we took Roxie to the dog park and I took her on the trails and she kept coming back to see where I was, guess she sensed I am not myself, and when we caught up to where Tony was keeping a bench warm (he's got a bum back too), I was dizzy and in a lot of pain, so I had to sit for a little while and hobbled back to my car, we went and got a month's worth of Roxie treats (25% off coupon at Cutter's Mill) and headed home where I sat and relaxed for a while before making Tony some of my chili, which he said was truly awesome.  The rest of the day found me just taking it easy, though I did get my nails done and go to an AA meeting.

I am wishing the very best to each and every one of you and peace and strength to those dealing with serious life challenges.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 10/17/11 3:06 am - Boothwyn, PA
Sorry to hear about your back, Laureen - sending good thoughts and prayers your way that it's nothing too serious and you're feeling better soon.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 10/17/11 1:08 am
Good Morning Lisa and PA!

Weekend was nice except that the back of my thighs are so sore. I might have stretched out the muscles while I was sleeping? Still sore this morning....

Seems like there are alot of people in need of prayers....all of you are in my thoughts!!!

Got my new iphone, got my nails done, even went out for chinese food!

Today working both jobs then home to make dinner, get things ready for the morning, relax and bed!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views