Weight Gain and Tips of getting back on track

Gail M.
on 10/15/11 10:04 am - Scranton, PA
   I have been away from the boards for way to long.  I have gained 27 lbs of my WLS back in the past year or so.
   I would appreciate anyones advice and tips on how you maintained your weight loss or how you shed that dreaded gain of 3 yrs post op.
   Here is my plan that I am going to start.  Sticking to it may be the difficult part of the task!

1st step is becomming reaquainted with the WLS community and this board. Need to find my way around it once again.
2nd step is to do the pouch test. I've been saying this for months and just can't seem to do it.
3rd step is to start using protein again and to DOCUMENT every thing I eat on Fitday.com.
4th step is to start exercising....heck I have On Demand with any type of exercise routine.  Plus I have a dog to walk.
5th step is to check on meetings. Do they still have them and when and where?
6th step is to get advice from all you great people.

And of course as with anything in life  "Making the right choices"!!!
Thanks

Lois G.
on 10/15/11 10:21 am - Ashland, PA
You are not alone......I am four years out and struggle daily......I have gone back to EAS shakes I get at Sams club....they have to out...one with l7 grams of protein and one with 30, I like both and try to do at least three a day.......again write what you bite.......so easy to say, but harder to do...but just knowing what is going on is the first step......I had to go back to basics, I do go to as many meetings as I can and always did......you live in Scranton, do you have any support groups up there?  I go to Danville, ghp, twice a month,  and also to a back on track program that Geisinger has available to anyone who had surgery there...and I believe you can go even if you didn't have surgery there  but I am not sure....that is a more  structured meeting with no more than l5 people attending with apt. only....I try to go to Barix in phila when I can get down, they are a great group of post ops there.....where as ghp is 80%pre ops....and the back on track is only post ops....another thing I am trying to do is stay away from slider food.....and to remember where I came from on my journey and I don't want to go back.........best of luck to you.....coming to oh again is a good place also.........Lois
Gail M.
on 10/15/11 11:15 pm - Scranton, PA
Thanks Lois.  Sticking to it is the difficult part but I'm back today!!!!!

Gail M.
on 10/17/11 11:02 am - Scranton, PA
Thank you Lois.  I know what I have to do but I'm such a slacker.  I would love to go to the Weds support group but I don't think I will be able to make it unless I take time off from work.  I'm going to try!

Sara E.
on 10/16/11 12:23 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
My two cents:

Log what you eat and review good and bad days to make better choices.
Exercise daily...NO excuses.

Good luck,
Sara

Gail M.
on 10/17/11 11:00 am - Scranton, PA
Thank you Sara.  I already slacked today on the exercise..

lynnc99
on 10/16/11 10:15 pm
Yep....I have not gained quite as much but find that I am bouncing up and down, and going up a little more each time. Here are my tips:

Weigh daily.
Tons of water. Fewer "other" liquids.
Log what I eat (this is the challenge for me).
Exercise daily if you can, but at least 5 days a week no matter what.

Keep in touch!

I don't make the Barix meetings very often because of distance and time conflicts but they do still have the Saturday meeting (11 - 1:30) and I believe the post op meeting is the 3rd Wednesday night.
jastypes
on 10/17/11 4:06 am - Croydon, PA
Welcome back!  You're better off than I was coming back with a 45 pound re-gain.  I've been back on track for a while now and have been losing again for the past several months.  Your first step was the same as mine, along with re-joining support group meetings.  This was absolutely key for me.  I've gotten so much support and help from other people who get me.  I also plan and log my food daily, including weighing and measuring.  Finally, I work a 12-step program (overeater's anonymous) which helps deal with the emotional/mental aspects of compulsive eating and food addiction. 

Naturally, sticking to it is the hard part.  I think that's why the support of others who understand is so important.  Keep posting here.  Sharing your journey with others helps them and you.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Gail M.
on 10/17/11 10:58 am - Scranton, PA
Thank you Jill.  I appreciate you sharing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views