New to OH

BariatricButterflyLydia
on 10/10/11 5:16 am - PA
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the OH forum and looking to connect with others in this weight loss journey.  I am a year post off and down 113 pounds but due to stress I am way off track and very depressed.  Looking for some good advice in the future and in finding myself back on track and living and loving my new self and healthier lifestyle.  A special thanks to Lisa for sending me to the OH forum :)

Lydia
IdaMae D.
on 10/10/11 6:11 am - Philadelphia, PA
Lydia;
Welcome to the PA OH forum.  Looking forward to getting to know you!!!

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 10/10/11 7:33 am - Whitehall, PA
  Welcome "back" Lydia!!  You are doing awesome and you definitely came to the right place!! 

My tracker

hers 

lynnc99
on 10/10/11 8:50 am
Lydia, we have all "been there" with regards to stresses in life. This is really where the reality hits - in the past, we would have coped by eating to comfort ourselves.

But now....what?

This is why they say 90% of the battle is in our heads.

Could you give us some details about how you are coping with stress now? What kinds of symptoms you have with the depression?

As for getting back on track.....don't talk about it as if it is something to do in the far off future. Do it now. You KNOW what to do. You've lost 113 lbs! Throw the crap away. Yes, I know it cost good money, etc. etc. - you might have kids, but trust me, they don't need it either.

Go at it ASAP - as if tomorrow is garbage day - and toss the refined carbs, the sugary junk food, the slider foods.

Stock your frig with the good stuff - protein first.

Get out and walk on one of these beautiful days.  Then do it the next day. And the day after that.
sandy L.
on 10/10/11 1:56 pm - Altoona, PA
Welcome Lydia.  You won't find a better group around.  Good luck.

Patricia R.
on 10/10/11 5:04 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi Lydia,
Welcome to the PA forum.  Where are you from?  This is a great forum for support and advice. 

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Liz R.
on 10/10/11 8:30 pm - Easton, PA
Hi Lydia! I am a lehigh valley girl too - Easton :) I am 4 1/2 years out RNY and having some issues myself. 113 pounds lost is awesome in a year! We will help you get back on track - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Liz

PS - My husband is also working on his 6 month pre-op classes for RNY through Lehigh Valley Cedar Crest
bvohl
on 10/11/11 12:29 am
Lydia,

Welcome to the PA Forum!! This IS the BEST forum around! You will meet many great people who will eventually become your friends....

We are here for you!! I am almost 2 1/2 years out and I am also struggling with life stress!!

Hugs, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

BariatricButterflyLydia
on 10/11/11 1:08 am - PA
Thanks All for the kind words.  I live in the Northampton area.  I am currently unemployed, struggling for money, dealing with greif/grieving and issues with regards to bullying after having weight loss surgery from others who have had the surgery.  Like I said my depression is at a low and I do take medication for it daily but I am far from social as I normally have/can be and being inszide the house most of the day is taking its toll on me.  There are times I do get the munchies but for the most part I am controling what I am eating.  I don't really keep that much junk food in the house but have slipped back into the old soda rut...and I know how bad that is.  I have been walking since surgery everyday whether it is just to walk my dog or if it is a moe intense adventure like a 5K.  This weekend I completed my first 10K walk which really turned out to be a hike on the side of a moutain.  I did go to the gym in the past but I am really focusing more on the walking at this point.  I do need help with meazl planning since I am single with no kids and find it difficult to make dinners for myself and the actually using the leftovers and not just tossing them away.  I am also experiencing som issues with milk and love it but it doesn't love me anymore.  I have tried Soy milk and it's okay but I really want a glass of my 2%.  I am sure there are other things I need assistance with but this is a mouthful to begin with...lol

And thanks again Lisa :0)
enasangels
on 10/11/11 8:30 pm - PA
Welcome Lydia,
You have come to the right place.  You will receive lots of encouragement here, we have all been through what you are going through in one way or another.  You have done a great job, 113 lb loss is great, but you can make it all the way.  If you have to much left over try freezing some of the left overs as meals for future times when you do not feel like cooking.  Keep up the good work with the exercise.  You can do it, I know you can.  Keep us informed as to how you are doing, and Welcome.
Hugs, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views