It works if you work it! Oh, yeah!

jastypes
on 10/7/11 2:55 am - Croydon, PA
At my lowest weight after surgery, I wore size 14 pants.  After re-gaining, I wore size 18.  I felt comfortable there, but was not eating anything near the way I should, and had I continued down that path, I would have re-gained more, I'm sure.

Working the OA program led me to coming back to Barix support groups.  In both places, I found encouragement and inspiration.  After much twisted thinking, re-defining abstinence, tweaking a million food plans, I decided to follow "suggestions."  I met with Barbara, the nutritionist, at Barix after the meeting last Saturday, spoke with my OA sponsor, and together we came up with a plan of eating that we all felt reasonable and do-able.  And I have stuck to that plan, weighing and measuring included, 100% since Monday. 

I honestly feel that even if I do not lose another pound or inch, I could be completely happy -- comfortable with my overall weight loss, health status, and sanity around eating.  Yet, a couple of months ago, I pulled out a pair of jeans in a size 16.  Tried them on.  Could not get them past my butt.  Last week, I got them past my butt, but my stomach would not allow me to get anywhere near close to buttoning.

Today, I am wearing them to work. 

I don't know where I will end up -- what weight or what size -- but I intend to keep doing what I am doing.  It sure is better than gaining weight and beating myself up repeatedly.

Thanks for letting me share.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Maura M.
on 10/9/11 11:40 am - Yardley, PA
Jill,

that is AWESOME!! Congratulations on wearing those pants!!

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Laureen S.
on 10/9/11 11:09 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

That is awesome Jill and I hear you loud and clear as this past week I went thought my drawers and closets, at the end of last winter I had to buy bigger clothing, this past week I was able to put on some of the clothes I wore prior to my regain and that, dear friend makes me feel good, I still have about 10 lbs to go to get where I was, but it's all good and doable, like you said, it works if you work it (when you work it). . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 10/9/11 11:18 pm - Croydon, PA
So work it!  You're worth it!!!  And, so I am finding, am I.

Love you!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 4:47 am
Jill this is an awesome news. You have been such an inspiration with sharing your journey.
Kathleen W.
on 10/12/11 11:39 am - Lancaster, PA

Congradulations on what you're accomplishing.  It takes a lot of determination to do it.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Patricia R.
on 10/13/11 12:00 am - Perry, MI
 That is super encouraging to hear, Jill.  I need to get back to my OA meetings and to the Barix support groups.  I saw Dr. Marymor for my five year check-up, and made a promise to myself that I will try his suggestions as soon as my foot heals and I can put some sanity in my eating and exercise.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views