In need of a Therapist

steffihope
on 10/6/11 10:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi all.  As most of you know I have been under the care of a Psychiatrist and a Psychologist since the summer.  I found out today that my Psychologist is leaving the practice she is in which is close to me, to go to a practice too far for me to travel.

I live in Northeast Philadelphia.  I would love to know if any of you have any suggestions of a therapist that I might be able to get to.  The therapist does not necessarily have to be schooled on WLS, but it would be a bonus.

Thanks everyone! :)
dit657
on 10/6/11 10:05 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Steffi - sorry to hear about your doctor leaving the practice. Would she have any suggestions for you since she's in the area? I don't live up that way so sadly I don't know anyone.

Does your insurance/work have an EAP program? When I felt the need to find a therapist I went through them and they directed me to one who dealt specifically with the issues I was going through.

Good luck...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 10/6/11 10:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Hi Kathy - thanks - yes, she is looking into it for me, however, I thought I would also reach out the the smartest people I know....The PA Board!

And as for the insurance program, good call.  I will look into it next week.  (Have to get through the holiday with as little anxiety as possible...OY!)
Decolady
on 10/6/11 11:11 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Hi Steffi,

I see a wonderful therapist who specializes in eating disorders , but she is in Allentown.

Candance Hermann

Good luck!

Deb
steffihope
on 10/7/11 12:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Thanks Deb - WAY too far!  But I appreciat it! :)
Patricia R.
on 10/7/11 12:23 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Steffi,
I see a therapist way up in North Jersey, but went through an intake with a therapist named Jackie, at Internet Behavioral Health on Street Road in Trevose.  She seemed like someone I could work with if I needed a new therapist.  They are in network with Magellan, which is the behavioral health system used by Independence Blue Cross, our school district's insurance.  Not sure how far you are from Trevose.

Good luck,
Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

steffihope
on 10/7/11 12:56 am - Philadelphia, PA
 I am just a few minutes from Trevose.  Thanks - I will look them up!  I appreciate your input!
bvohl
on 10/7/11 1:32 am
My therapist is in Newtown AND she deals with many WLS patients!!

Text me if you want her name and number!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

steffihope
on 10/7/11 3:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
 I do Beth.  Thanks! :)
LindaScrip
on 10/7/11 10:57 am
The person that I just sent you a message got me thru my worst moments, health issues and thru my wls I could not have asked for better care and she is right near you I really think you will like her. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views