LIQUID DIET

Barbara9
on 10/3/11 11:54 pm
Can anybody help me to survive 10days of liquid diet? I really struggle with it. Please, share with me your tips and experience.  HELP!!!!!!
ladychief231
on 10/4/11 3:25 am - Douglassville, PA
It is very very hard but doable. After the third day it gets a little easier. Drink lot's of decafe coffee and water and go to bed early. That is the best advice I can give you. You kinda have to just gutt it out.

Good Luck. You can do it!
TC
Jackie Fisher
on 10/4/11 3:39 am - PA
You are allowed to have protein shakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They may not taste great, but they WILL fill you up. Also, drink LOTS of water. The water will also help you to fill up. Don't think too much about it and I also recommend going to bed early. I just did it, so I know you can do it too!! After a few days, you will get used to it. Drink broths, all different kinds. I drank chicken, beef, vegetable, and wonton broth. I would even mix them up and add different seasonings for different flavors. Chicken and beef mixed with some poultry seasoning was good!!

You can do this..it just takes a little mind over matter!!

Best of Luck!
Jackie
"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."

-Jackie

dit657
on 10/4/11 4:46 am - Boothwyn, PA
First off you can do this, and must. This will greatly improve your surgery and recovery time. Number two you will be on a liquid diet after surgery for a while so this is a good time to get going with it. If you really don't feel you can do 10 days of prep you may not be ready for the surgery and the eating plans that follow. Please don't think I'm saying this to be harsh - I'm not - but you have to have a good mindset going into this or it won't work. It's not a miracle cure for obesity - it is a tool.

I did the 10 day liquid diet - lost 17 lbs so it is definitely with it. A few tips I learned from others and used are: sugar free frozen fruit pops. They take a little while to 'eat' and feel like you're having something a little more substantial. For broth I bought myself good canned noodle and vegetable soups - low sodium if possible - strain the broth and veggies from the soup and eat that broth - give the solid food to your family or garbage disposal. The broth is so much better than just plain broth that it's with the extra effort and cost.

YOU CAN DO THIS!! no it's not a walk in the park but it's definitely not impossible.

I wish you all the best with your surgery. Keep us posted on how it's going.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Barbara9
on 10/4/11 10:54 am
Kathy,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You really put me on a strait and narrow. I didn't think even for a moment that you were harsh in your comments.
I'll let you know in a few days how am I doing with my liquids.

Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views