Frigid Friday Roll Call

Liz R.
on 9/29/11 9:00 pm - Easton, PA
OK So I am exagerating a bit but it is COLD out there this morning! This is more like what it should be the end of september - enough of that humid crap!

I am at work today until 3:30 then headed to my Grandmother's to pick up Mia, get my groceries and go to my parent's to have dinner. My Dad  leaves on a hunting trip tomorrow and needs his Mia fix before he goes.

Not too much going on this weekend - saturday is the domenstic goddess duties, sunday we are going to my Mom's for an early dinner. My cousin is coming in from NM so Mom's having the family over.

Have a great day and a great weekend all!

Liz
dit657
on 9/29/11 9:51 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning Liz - yeah, felt great with all that stinking humidity gone! Still not sure I'm ready for fall and winter, but it beats the stickies we've been having.

I'm at work trying to get my day started and focused on what needs to be done. The benefit for my brother is tonight and it looks like we're going to have a great turn-out! I'm working most of the day because there are plenty of people at home to take care of things there. Wish us luck!!

Not much else going on right now - pretty much focused on that and getting through it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 9/29/11 10:09 pm
Good Morning Liz and PA!!

It IS cold out there this morning but it feels GREAT!! I turned off the A/C last night! I hope Mia is feeling better....

We had a really nice day yesterday, except for the 20 minute time period where I had no idea where my child was. She went out to play with a couple of the neighborhood kids. I went to go find her because we were going out to dinner with some friends. I walked through the neighborhood and could not find her! So, I was walking up and down one of the courts and I started talking to one of the neighbors and found out he was a police officer. So, he asked me if I wanted a car to come out to help look for her. I knew she was somewhere in the development, just not sure where. So I said yes and as he was on his cell phone calling for a car I see her coming down the street on a scooter. So, I thanked the officer for helping me and I was grateful that she was ok. I soooo wanted to strangle her for scaring me like that. So, I told her from now on she is to tell me exactly where she is going to be playing. I am also seeing a cell phone purchase in our future for her. I thought I had a couple more years before that, OH WELL!

Last night we went to Las Margaritas for dinner with friends. LOVE that place! They had a live Mariachi Band that strolled through the restaurant. The food was delicious and the Margarita was YUMMY!!!! Our friends had the band play Happy Birthday for us in English and Spanish of course. We laughed in between the kids interrupting us every two minutes!!! FUN NIGHT!!!

Today Dee's friend is over for at least part of the day while her parents take her brother to the doctor. I will be making a Sam's Club trip today to pick up some things we need. I am also going to try to do some baking today.

WHEW!!
Have a great Friday everyone!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 9/29/11 11:34 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi Beth,
So glad you found your daughter so quickly.  I used to panic when my kids disappeared like that.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 9/29/11 11:40 pm
Trish,

Believe me I WAS panicked!! It was comforting knowing that a police officer was right there! He was there at the right time and so was I.

Thanks for the support!
Hugs, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 9/29/11 11:45 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi Beth,
I was sure you were panicked and God is good that there was an officer right there.  God is good, all the time.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

steffihope
on 9/29/11 10:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Liz - I am guessing that since Mia is with your Grandmother, she is feeling better.  Good news!

I am up and about to rally the troops.  We are headed to the Zoo today.  We live so close and haven't been in years.  Crazy!  My friend has a membership with a zillion people on it, so we will only have to pay for parking.

Rosh Hashana was nice.  I had a few moments, (Read hours) of anxiety.  I really need to fix that!  I hate it!  I am doing find one minute, something silly sets me off, and then the next few hours, I am miserable, unhappy, nervous.....or any combination of those.  It is really getting old!  Missed my therapist appointment this week because of the holiday.  (and as a matter of fact, I am pushing myself to go to the zoo.  I would prefer to stay in the house and not deal with people....but....I HAVE to do this!)

The rest of the weekend is quiet.  Larry will be working, I have Barix tomorrow and a party in the early evening.  Then the Phillies all weekend and some Eagles thrown in there!

Happy Friday all!
Lisa H.
on 9/29/11 11:03 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all... quick drop in before heading off to services for the 2nd day of Rosh Hashanah.   We observe a little different than the Reform movement.  We do more day time services and they do more evening services.  

Siehara and I are going to our favorite diner for breakfast and then headed off to services. 

After services, home to relax and then I am going out with some friends tonight. 

Have a great Friday all. 

My tracker

hers 

Patricia R.
on 9/29/11 11:31 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Liz and PA,
I am up, and late in moving because I fell asleep in my rocking chair this morning.  I have been doing that latey, and don't know what that is about.  So, I missed my morning meeting and will have to make the noon meeting instead.  Both are good meetings, just that the noon meeting is very crowded, and I often don't get to share, which is okay, but I am used to being able to and feel weird when I don't.

I had a great time at my Bible study last night, and really enjoy it immensely.  We have a diverse group of women with ages ranging from 20 years old to some in their 60s, as well as a variety of backgrounds, including Army veterans, and drug addicts who lost their kids to Children and Youth.  What a wealth of experiences to be blessed with.

I need to get to Rite Aid to pick up some Benadryl.  I am having an allergic reaction with itching all over my arms and hands.  Not sure what that is about.  

I missed saying "Happy New Year" to my Jewish friends here.  I wish you a year of blessings and peace.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

victoria3
on 9/30/11 1:28 am - Douglassville, PA
Trish, I wanted to let you know that I am going to be crocheting up some scarves for the Special Olympics. I use the link that you put up the other day and got the information.  Glad that I can help out in some way since my aunt and cousin are participants.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1863 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1960 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2644 views