Good Feelings - Wows

jastypes
on 9/28/11 2:58 am - Croydon, PA
I have never forgotten, nor do I want to forget, where I came from.  On retreat this weekend they had a walk around the grounds at 6:30 a.m.  I was there to do it because I can.  5 years ago, when I walked half a block I was out of breath, and everything hurt -- feet, knees, hips, butt, back.  I walked for an hour on Saturday morning (it was supposed to be 1/2 an hour, but we got really lost!)  The fact that I was able to make that walk at all is a miracle that this surgery gave me for which I am truly grateful.

A few minutes ago my coffee cup leaked and I got coffee all over my white sweater.  Grrrr.  The secretary next to me offered me her sweater to wear.  You have to see her.  She is "normal" weighted.  The sweater is a Medium.  I kind of just looked at her.  She said, "What?"  She didn't know me before the surgery.  The fact that she looked at me and offered her sweater; and the fact that I am now wearing said sweater, are both miracles in my new, post-surgery life.

My head is still crazy around food, but I recognize how blessed I am to have this tool of WLS and the weight loss that came with it.

Thanks for letting me share.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 9/28/11 3:45 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Life certainly is different today, isn't it Jill. . .  I hear your gratitude loud and clear and what's more I know exactly what and how you feel. . .

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Decolady
on 9/28/11 9:13 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Thanks for sharing, Jill, these miracles are so great.  Sharing in your gratitude!

Deb
Lois G.
on 9/29/11 9:32 am - Ashland, PA
Wow, isn't that wonderful...that normal person.....is you................we don't see ourselves, we are our biggest enemy sometimes.....thanks for sharing......
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views