Struggling

lawoman
on 9/27/11 8:08 am - Hellertown, PA
 aw sorry girl.  I have gained weight back and I haven't had the issues you have had.  Hang in there, your body will adjust and the weight should start coming off again.  Have you tried the 5 day pouch test thing.  I have heard it works, never had the guts to try it.  I am 7 years out, lost 120 lbs....but have gained 80 back and I am now up to 280.  Don't  let it get out of control like I did.  I am trying to make plans and get money together to go to the OH event in NYC in Oct.  You should come along, I am hoping it helps with my motivation.  Call me if you wanna talk or get out for coffee.....girls night!  Take care! *hugs*
dit657
on 9/27/11 10:03 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Liz, sending big hugs your way, because a lot of us (okay - ME) have had some regain following our lowest weight (and not hitting goal either). One thing you have to remember is that you did have a baby, and sometimes that does make it more difficult to lose weight.

Sounds like you're doing all the right things (more than I can say for myself), so I would say just stick with that and your body will get a kick start and the pounds will start coming off - sadly probably not as quickly as before, but they will come off.

I'm with Norm on the recumbant bike - I have one and love it (of course my arse hasn't sat on it in weeks, but I'm changing that too) - but it's low impact - good for the knees - and has back support that other stationery bikes don't have. Check out Craig's List to see if anyone has a decent one for sale.

Look, we're all here for you - and each other - don't give up and try not to get too discouraged. Venting is good!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patti M.
on 9/28/11 12:07 am
I'm 5.5 years out and only down 100lbs from my surgery weight.  Regain is a HUGE issue for me!  My problem is probably that I am too busy to do any type of formal exercise.  Seriously, there are only 1-2 nights a week that I leave from work and go straight home.  Most nights it's leave work, do errands or visit my dad, then home usually by 8pm.  Sorry, but after leaving the house at 7am, the last thing I have energy for is exercise!  Anyway, that being said, I'm right there with ya Liz.  Just hang in there, stay on track and do the best you can do.  We're all here to listen to you gripe, gripe with you and support you!  HUGS!!
Patti      
Laureen S.
on 9/28/11 11:59 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Liz,

Just like everyone else on here, I hear you and know how you feel.  Life post-WLS was a dream on so many levels, even though I fought hard for each pound I lost, I believed it would work and did my part, fast forward almost 3 years out, things changed substantially, I stopped exercising, ate like I still did exercise, plus things that I didn't normally, stress and emotional eating my way through a tough job transistion, well a total regain of 25 lbs., the first 9 I could live with, but the rest, not so much and I was trying to encourage others by posting a twice weekly post to deal with these struggles, but it seemed no one had any real interest and I felt like I was tooting my own horn, so I stopped doing it, but the truth is, so many of us struggle once we pass the 2 and 3 year mark.  The solution, as Jackie said, and I relate to what she shared entirely, it's a tough road and each of us is different and must find our way and for me, exercise MUST be a part of my daily living plan and I have seen small results over the past 3 months, but as I said we are all different, find something that works for you and stick with it and just remember that this journey is a lifetime one.  I am having serious problems with my back lately, I have not gone to the doctor lately, but have to and truthfully I believe it is sciataca, as others I've known had it, had all the same symptoms I do, for now I refuse to allow my pain to set me back and I am finally reaching a place where I enjoy going to the gym some days (lol).

Hang in there and I hope you feel better and find hope in that we all struggle, but we can, one day at a time, one choice at a time, win this battle.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Liz R.
on 9/28/11 8:52 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks all! I will look into getting a recumbant bike. I know that this is an issue so many of us face, and I am always willing to lay it all on the line so others can learn with me.

Thanks again!

Liz
Lois G.
on 9/29/11 9:56 am - Ashland, PA

Liz, I am in the same boat.....only thing is your younger and you are a wonderful example of sticking to the plan......meaning you showed so many of us what to cook, how to cook  and you are there for everyone for everthing, you will be successful....you have chris now, and with that with the two of you together doing it....wow, I only wish I had that support in my house with paul, I try and try to go back to basics and he brings in bad bad stuff.....and he is too old to change, and I am still that weak, food addict.....so I struggle with just a litttle of this and a little of that, also, I never made goal and that really has made me  like a failure many times, I am four and half years out and feel like time has passed so fast, you have a beautiful baby and when she starts walking and running you will have more exercise than ordered......please know you are loved and appreciated more than you could ever imagine....................l0xx00x0x0x0

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views