Wednesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 9/20/11 8:13 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

Up and almost out the door for work.  Work till 4 then home to rest.  Monday evenings take a lot out of me.  Didn't get to take that nap I had planned when I got home last night.

Lots of homework to do, no energy or motivation to do it. 

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

enasangels
on 9/20/11 8:37 pm - PA
Good Morning Pa., 
Ida hope you get a burst of energy to get you through the day, a some motivation for all the school work.
I have made this far into the week with the kids without  to many problems.  My special needs child forgot his homework one nite and was drama, as he started to cry, but all in all I think I handled it well.
I was driving my daughters van to do some errands on Monday, and a stone hit the windshield right in the center of the drivers view, it was so large it made three starbursts.  I son in law has a flash temper, he is gonna go nuts when he gets back and sees it.  (my stomach has been in knots since then) 
I have walked miles on the beach the past two days to calm myself.
Gotta go and get this day started.  For those who are facing issues, or facing "stuff" my thoughts and prayers are with you today.
Hugs to all, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Lisa H.
on 9/20/11 10:00 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Ena, a rock to the windshield is a pain, but do you really think he is going to go nuts?  Insurance typically covers that with no issues.  The deductible is the only thing that you/they may have to deal with.  I hope it's not a high deductible.

My tracker

hers 

happyforonce
on 9/21/11 12:17 am - PA
Like Lisa said most insurance companies will cover it to be repaired at no cost. They will send someone out to you and put this gel in there to stop and fill in the crack.
Liz R.
on 9/20/11 8:38 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Ida -

I might need toothpicks to keep my eyes open today!

My boss has already warned me that it's going to be one of those days... He wants to stay on the phone with me (yes from 50 feet away) all day and work through things together - God help me! Last night when I was leaving he sugested a nip and some advil..... UGH! lol
Hoping to leave here around 3:30 and headed straight home to make dinner and hang with MIa - tonight is DEFINATELY a bed early night!
Lisa H.
on 9/20/11 10:02 pm - Whitehall, PA
 and why can't he walk to your desk to go over things? 

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 9/20/11 10:14 pm - Easton, PA
because he is typing e-mails and pulling e-mails off his computer while I am working on drawings. Always something!! lol
Patricia R.
on 9/20/11 8:49 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida and PA,
Ida, I hope you start feeling better soon.  You have been through so much, you are probably numb right now.

I am hoping to get hold of a doctor today.  I have been nauseous for days, and had a fever last night, then this morning I had a congested cough.  I had pneumonia a year ago in October, and am concerned it might be back.  I just finished a course of antibiotics already.  We'll see what happens later.

Today, I have a psychiatrist appointment in the morning and a group therapy session tonight.

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 9/20/11 9:49 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Ida, Liz and Trish - sending hugs and prayers your way that you're all feeling better soon! When the weather changes this drastically its bound to affect people. Yesterday I had some potty issues early in the day, but then they finally calmed down. Feeling good today,

So I know most of you saw my post yesterday about the Florida house - we are SOOOO excited!!  there are some things that have to be worked through on the seller's end so we're giving them 2 more weeks to get that done, and then we'll start going forward with inspections, etc. Also when they put the house up originally ALL the furniture and furnishings were included, so my realtor is checking with theirs to see of that is still the case - I LOVED the furniture that was in the house, and found out from my sister that the owner prior to these people was an interior decorator and she had totally redone the house and decorated it, and they bought it furnished, so I'm hoping to do the same. If not we'll try to negotiate for most of the furniture - then I could sell most of mine up here. But one day at a time, right?

My boss took me and a co-worker to lunch yesterday for my 20th GE anniversary, and I broke the news to her there that we were trying to buy a house (we hadn't gotten the final word at that time). She was upset but not surprised - she knows Len is older and ready to retire and that all of my family is in Florida now. I told her I'd be here for a while yet, and give her as much notice as possible to get someone in to train.

So today I have a huge pile of WORK on my desk, which is unusual for me, but our finance guy just got through the annual review and now he's releasing all the PO's and check requests, so I'll be busy for a while. Also need to start looking up some things on the internet regarding the Florida house.

OMG I'm so excited!!!! Maybe we'll have to do a PA Pilgramage to Florida!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 9/20/11 10:18 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all.. I am extremely tired still... I really need to catch up on sleep.  I should be able to do that tonight.  

I am working ONE job today.. YAY again!  Siehara has Bat Mitzvah tutoring at 5:00.  She is going to bring a list of Jewish/camp songs that she wants to be played at her Bat Mitzvah with her because her tutor said she probably has a lot of the songs.  That will be a big help because we can't seem to find them online.

After tutoring, I am going to take her out to dinner.  We had a nice dinner together at home.. we both cooked.  She made a yummy tilapia and I made sweet potato fries.  I put my fish into a tortilla with some guac and had a fish taco! It was really good!!

After dinner tonight, she has a psych appt/med check.  Things seem to be going well.  She is starting to fall back into SOME of her old habits, but I think with encouragement she will get back to where she was.  I don't think it's the meds.  I'm sure part of it is the amount of time I've been away from home working or attending choir.  That's why I want to spend some good quality time with her when I don't have anything going on at night.  I don't want her to feel neglected.  I also mention every now and then that working the second job is what I HAVE to do so we can worry less about money.  Every time I leave her home alone, I feel guilty, but I tell her EVERY time how proud I am of her for taking on the responsibility of being home and taking care of the things that I need her help with.  

Hope everyone has a great day.. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views