Tired tuesday roll call

dit657
on 9/19/11 10:17 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning PA Peeps - I'm finally at work - it's been a long morning so far. Woke up at 4:00 AM with horrible belly cramps and have been having a very close relationship with my toilet since then. Ugh. Wasn't going to stop for my coffee this morning but had to stop at the Micky D's and run into the ladies room because I never would have made it to work. Hope this stops soon. I'm not really feeling bad so that's good.

Supposed to be going out to lunch with my boss today for my 20th GE anniversary but she was out sick yesterday and seems to be dragging today, plus she has to fly out to California later today so I sent her a note giving her an out if she doesn't feel up to it - I'll see what she wants to do.

Not much else going on right now - still waiting to hear from the realtor to see if our offer was accepted or countered on the house in Florida - keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Prayers going out to Nan and HG and Tucker...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 9/19/11 10:57 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Morning Liz, PA Friends,

Liz, I can certainly understand the back issues, I have been having whole body aches and pains lately, but a lot of it is my lower back and I think it is due to the chair I sit in at work, by end of the day, my siatic nerve is pretty bad, but I don't have time for doctors, instead I push through it and get to the gym in the mornings and work it out, only to get it back by 5. . . ugh. . .  hope your's gets better in a hurry and hope the little sweetie feels better too!!!

To the parents of teenagers, I so sympathize with you, having raised two daughters and a son, the girls were loads of fun (the son was different issues) and there were just way too many hormones in my house, as one of us was either before, during or after within 2 weeks of one another, I learned to pick my battles, set boundaries and have consequences that fit the situation and we all survived it.  All I can say is it does get better, but you got a while to go. . .  lol

Kathy, I hope you (a) feel better and (b) hear from the realtor re: the offer. . .

Anyway, I've been busy, but who isn't these days, had a great weekend, went to the Jets game with Tony, great weather, great game, as for today, so far so good, went to the gym, did my workout and cardio, had a healthy breakfast of eggbeaters with sauteed onions and peppers from my garden (not the onions) and half of a multigrain crossiant and so here I sit at my desk, keeping myself occupied, had a great weekend, went to the Jets game with Tony, great weather, great game, after work today it's a house AA meeting and then home to relax a little while before bed.

Wishing you all the best possible day and for those facing difficulties, I wish you peace and strength to get through, prayers for Nan and Heather's Tucker and hoping Nicole's hand is better today. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 9/20/11 1:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
 THanks Laureen!  I know you have been there - and I think that the consequence of losing her phone when she can't speak appropriately to me therefore she will not subject that on to anyone else is a consequence that fits.  UGH! She has also still not done her chores from Sunday and will be out with me all afternoon and evening tonight.  So it looks as though THAT is not getting done today either.  ugh! again!  I just want to crawl into a whole and hide until she is 22!
Laureen S.
on 9/20/11 1:37 am - Maple Shade, NJ
yup, I hear you about that. . .  allowance?  no chores, NO ALLOWANCE. . . 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 9/19/11 11:09 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Liz and PA,
Sounds like PT is expensive.  I was going to PT for a while, and it was a $15 copay each visit, and I was busy while there.  Good luck with yours.

I am waiting for an electrician to come and do some work in the basement for the upstairs tenant.  He is having the same problems with the dryer that I had.  The guy that was here yesterday figured out that the dryer needs to be put on its own line, so they are coming out today to fix that problem.  I need to be here to let them into the basement.

I hope they are gone by the time I have to leave for the noon AA meeting.  I missed it yesterday, because the guy was here till after noon.  

Tonight, I am heading to church to attend the first meeting of a Christ centered support group for women with addictions.  I won't stop attending my AA meetings.  I will just add this to my circle of support for my recovery.  

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views