Saturday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 9/16/11 8:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

Well it's entirely too early to be awake on a Saturday.  I have to get reay for my coding test that I'd forgotten I had scheduled.  This is the make up of the one I missed by 4 questions.  We'll see how this turns out.  I'm not going to stress over passing this, it's not like my job or my career depend on me passing this one.  My test begins at 9am, I have to be @ Crozer Hospital by 8:30. My co-worker is also re-taking her test today as well so I'll be meeting her. The test is over at 2:45pm pencils down no excuses.

Yesterday Gene received a call from one of the sub-contractors that had been working on the house for the GC.  Apparently this guy has not been paid for the work he did and is looking to us for payment.  Gene told him to call the GC, he said he did and the GC told him to call us for the payment.  So now I'm wondering if he did not pay all the subs he had working on the house.  He told the guy we had not paid him for the work yet and that there was a problem between us and him.  Gene told him we have paid the GC in full for all the subs as the work was completed by the subs checks were cut.  So now I'm not sure if the subs can put mechanic's leins on our house or if they have to take the GC to court, another thing to worry about now....  This is becoming more and more of a mess just when I was starting to feel better, now I'm back to total stress again.

After  today's test, home to hopefully relax a bit. 

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 9/16/11 9:08 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida, and PA Peeps to Follow:
So sorry you are still dealing with the General Contractor's shady dealings.  Sounds like he ripped off the subcontractors now,  Time for more prayers for you guys.

I am starting to get settled in.  A friend from church came over yesterday and helped me put away all of my clothes that were in boxes and bags.  She also helped me put away all of my books,  We unloaded a lot of boxes,   After she left, I hung the pictures and decorations in my living room.  

Today, I am scooting down to the Italian Festival down by the river, to get a sausage sandwich,  Then, I am heading to my therapist's office.  It's been a while since my last session, due to my foot injury and moving.  

Gotta run.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 9/17/11 12:31 am
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Ida, I am SO sorry that you are dealing with this crap! Good luck with your test!!

I slept in this morning, although I was up in the middle of the night because I went to bed @ 7. Too early even though I was really tired!! I am showered and dressed and drinking my morning coffee.

Today I will do some laundry and straightening around the house. I also have to go to the store to pick up some things.

That is it for me!
Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 9/17/11 2:51 am - Whitehall, PA
 Good early afternoon all.. OMG Ida.. always something.  Good luck on your coding test, I'm sure trying to focus on that was difficult.  By the time you read this, you will be done, so I hope you did well.

I decided NOT to go to synagogue this morning.  I went to a friend's house after work last night and got in around 1.  That is not terribly late for me and I could have gotten up with the alarm, but decided that I'll let fate take over.  I did not set my clock and woke up around 6:30.  I could tell that I was not ready to get out of bed so I stayed in bed and fell back to sleep.  I figured if I woke up again with enough time to get ready, then I would go.  Otherwise, not.  I woke up at 9.  If it was just me, I could have managed to get ready on time.  But, Siehara was still sleeping and she left the apartment in a shambles last night, so I decided not to go.  I laid around til around 11 and then got my butt out of bed.  

Apparently Siehara butt dialed Beth V last night, so she called worried that something was wrong.. thanks Beth---- all was fine, but at least I got to talk to Beth for QUITE awhile this morning!  While I was on the phone with her, I made Siehara clean up her mess from last night.  She was supposed to do a bunch of things last night and did NOT.  They are done now AND she took it upon herself to vacuum and get a stain out of the carpet that was not there before.  GREAT show of responsibility, even though she was making up for what she did not do last night.  

This afternoon, I am going to do a bit of cleaning up myself.  I have laundry that needs to be finished and my room is not in the best shape.  Other than that, just going to relax for a bit.  Neil will be here around 2 or 3.  We will go get some dinner and then drive Siehara down to Langhorne to spend the night with one of her camp friends and then he and I will head on to NJ for a birthday party for one of his friends.  We got a room for the night and will pick up Siehara tomorrow around 11 or so.  From there, she has a Bat Mitzvah party to go to.  I'm not sure if I was invited.. lol.. it was weird.  I'm going to text or call the mom today to see if it's a kid party.  That will determine what I do tomorrow afternoon.  Either I will go with her, since I am friends with the mom, or I will come home and just hang out and relax.  Tomorrow night is choir rehearsal.  The concert/service is next Saturday night!! 

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 9/17/11 5:48 am - Philadelphia, PA

Lisa,
I'm just getting in the house now from the test.  I completed it at 2:40pm the last possible second I had to put down my #2 pencil.

Actually it seemed like it was easier this time so with that said, I'm pretty sure I bombed it :-)

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views