Week 6 Chemo/Radiation Update

jackie j
on 9/16/11 11:26 am - Glenmoore, PA
What about extra protein bullets?   Have they said anything about that to you?   I follow some plastic surgery and wls complications forums and they always say when you are in a health crisis to increase the protein because it is getting leached away by the injury/compromised organ.  Some are taking 200gms a day for healing and energy levels.  Profect has alot of new formulas that taste way better than when we first tried them 5 years ago and they are used for cancer patients; you've got both, wouldn't these help you?   I get these bottles ($6ea.) that have 200gms in them and each capful is 20grams.   I use 1 bottle a week.  I put 2 caps in a 16oz water and add sf hawaiian punch cherrry singlets that I get at the dollar store (10 to a box) and stick it in the freezer for 1.5 hours and it turns into a cherry slurpee with 40 grams protein.   Can't beat the price.  Can't taste any protein in there at all.   Saw a bariatric nutritionist last week that was surprised at all the extras in Profect.  She liked the product.  I'm jealous of the BP btw; and yes, you are quite the athlete....hahahahaha

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/16/11 12:45 pm
Despite the fact that carbs agree with the chemo better than protein, I have no problem getting in all my protein.  I seem to get some energy from the pastaless fagiola.  And although my thirst is down I have no problem getting in at least 64 oz. daily.  Protein gives me a belly ache, but I still eat it knowing I need it.  I would rather eat my protein than drink it.  I have no reason to use shakes or bullets.  

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

IdaMae D.
on 9/16/11 8:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good new from your doctors, continuing to send prayers.
Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views