Thursday Roll Call

Decolady
on 9/14/11 9:43 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Good morning, PA!

Ida, sounds like things are getting a little better for you after a very trying summer.  So sorry about Gene's job, doesn't sound legal to do that!

Things are super busy at the store, trying to liquidate the summer stuff and tag all the new fall stuff coming in.  As I had suspected (and hoped for), this adventure is becoming more than just a store.  On Monday night we are having our first WLS support group meeting in the store.  Many of my customers have had WLS and some of us decided to get together and see what happens.  The support at LVH has kind of fallen apart, all the support people I knew have left and the monthly support groups have become advertisements for the pre-ops.  So while I believe they have the best surgeons in the area, the support is just not there.  I told this to Dr. Boorse when I saw him on Tuesday for my 1 year follow up.  I hope they do something about it.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!

Peace,
Deb 
dit657
on 9/14/11 10:11 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Ida, I'm so sorry to hear about Gene's job - OMG woman, what else can happen to you two?? They say God never gives you more than you can handle but good grief, I think it's time he cut you guys a break!!!

I'm at work - first call was to Xerox because they still haven't fixed our machine and I'm sick and tired of being asked 'When is it going to be fixed' 'When are they coming?' etc. Sadly the poor tech at Xerox got the brunt of that this morning but I'm over it.

Hit our first road bump in the quest to buy the house in Florida - I was trying to go through my credit union for financing but it is a manufactured home, and the rep from the CU said she's not sure they can finance it, so I'm waiting to hear back from the realtor. You own the land in this particular development so I think it qualifies for standard home financing, but have to find out. Not getting down about it - it's just a bump and we'll get over it and move forward. It's just one of those things that now that we've decided to take the plunge I want it over and done with!!

And that's about it for me today - put a dinner in the crockpot this morning before coming to work - gawd I love those things - makes it so nice to get home to a dinner already done.

Have a great day everyone. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 9/14/11 10:52 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida and PA,
So sorry to hear about Gene's layoff.  Was that at Northwestern Human Services?  I never heard from them again, after I put them in contact with references.  That's why I went for the PRN Social Work job at Brooke Glen.  Your grief, and tears are normal.  You have been through an emotional wringer with all that has gone on in the past six months.

Wednesday, I went to my AA meeting first thing in the morning, then I had an appointment in the afternoon.  I was running a low grade fever in the evening, something that has been happening all week due to the cellulitis I have had since Saturday.  

Today, I see the podiatrist about my sore foot.  Then, I am heading to a noon AA meeting.  This afternoon, I will do some picture hanging and more unpacking.  I have to get rid of some boxes in my bedroom to get to a closet I want to use to store books and blankets in.

Utley is getting used to the yard, and the next door neighbors' dogs.  Feel bad for those dogs.  They are kept in a room all day, because they can't be trusted to be out in the yard unattended.  They jump the fence.

Must run.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 9/19/11 9:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yes Trish, this was NHS.

Be glad they did not call you in.  Gene said over the last 2 yrs it's become a terrible place to work.

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 9/14/11 11:48 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Ida, PA Friends,

Sorry to read the latest wrinkle in your's and Gene's life and hopefully it will land him in a better position, sad that, as you said, they are not taking the clients into account. . . Your post, in spite of your emotional pain, sounds like you are doing better and while I am sure it will take time for you to work through the grieving process and feelings of betrayal, I'm optimistic you will get better and better.  Hugs and prayers for you as you continue through this process.

Liz, hope that Chris realizes by your example that life after WLS is really full of wonderful living and that good food can be had in smaller and healthier ways...  good luck.

Lisa, hope you get some help for Siehara.

Kathy, whatever is meant to be will be, hope you hear the news you want.

I'm at work, been to the gym and today has people from our NJ office here for various meetings, one of which is a luncheon and we are having sushi, which is something I love.   After work it's an AA meeting, so that about covers my day.

Wishing you all the very best of days and the peace and strength to get through it.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 9/15/11 1:11 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Ida and all of PA - so much for getting into school early so I can post.  This eating breakfast at home is taking some time.  Making it and sitting down to eating it - of course, I could possibly NOT get on the computer before I eat breakfast and make lunches....sigh!

Ida - Gene being laid off is bull ****!  I hope he finds some way to get back at them.  What idiots.  They obviously only care about their bottom line and NOT the clients.  I would be beside myself if mine or Molly's therapist just wasn't available any more....I am however, thrilled that work is doing what it needs to do for your psyche!

Today is Larry's birthday and he is actually NOT working.  After school I have my therapist appointment and then we are going out to dinner with friends at The Chart House.  Haven't been there is such a long time.  Really looking forward to it!

That is my day.  Hope the rest of you have a decent day!
Sara E.
on 9/15/11 1:54 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning PA!
Just another day at work.  Tonight I take Caleb to Civil Air Patrol.  While he is there I am going shopping at AE for jeans.  I like my Old Navy jeans and need more...but the nearest Old Navy is 40 min away.  Saturday we are going to DC on a 1-day bus trip with the Employee Action Group at work.  I think we are visiting the Art Museum.  It is Caleb's choice....if I know him, he will change it or add to it.  Anyway....we will be in DC and have fun on Sat.  I am hopeful that a friend will go to the OH NY event with me... she will let me know soon.  I do not want to travel that far alone.
Later...
Sara

bvohl
on 9/15/11 3:54 am
Good Afternoon Ida and PA!

This is the first break I have had all day!! I worked through my lunch there is so much to do! I have to get things done during the school day because I am working at another school from 3:30-5, so no option of staying late!

Today is work here until about 3:20 then drive over to the other school to wor****il 5. Then drive home to pick up the child from school, homework, dinner, relax and bed! I am soooo tired, didn't sleep well because I forgot to take my allergy meds so  I was itching everywhere most of the night!! I hope I can keep up with the schedule....

Liz- please tell Chris I am so proud and happy that he has made this decision!! We are here for both of you!!
Ida- So sorry about Gene's job, that SUCKS!!!!!!!
Lisa- give Siehara a hug from me, OK?
Deb-sounds like you are a busy bee these days....

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Nicole0216
on 9/15/11 6:26 am - Lancaster, PA
Ida I am sorry about Gene but I am not surprised.
IdaMae D.
on 9/19/11 9:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
He was not surprised either.  LIke he said he was not going to sign away his rights.I'm totally behind him on that.

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views