Thursday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 9/14/11 8:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

I'm ready to run out the door.  Have to be on the road by 6:30ish to miss all the crazy traffic traveling south in the AM. 

Work is going well.  Found out yesterday one of my co-workers has WLS over the summer, she returned to work while I was off.  She asked me yesterday if she could pick my brain on occasion, I told her to pick away.  Its the only way to navigate through this awesome experience by relying on those that have walked this path earlier. 

Today is work till 4/4:30ish.  Another long meeting again today, they have been interesting so far.

Once home will probably relax, was in bed last night about 8pm, I was soooooo tired.  I actually fell asleep somewhere closer to 7.

I'm still struggling with grief, hurt, and anger.  There are times I just start to cry - so not like me, and there are times like when I'm working and busy that I don't think about all the crap going on in Gene and my life right now.  Gene was laid off from his job at the community mental health center because he refused to sign a form that would take money out of his check for rediculous new rules they have developed to lower the pay of their professionals by taking monies away from them to pay for supervision when the company decided you need supervision.  This is a way to reduce their client contact hour from what is currenly being paid to cut it in half.  Gene has his own personal supervisor therefore has no need of their supervision, however, because he said no they called him last Thursday and said the next day Friday was his last day.  Ethically and from the standponint of client continuity of care I do not understand how a mental health center can allow clients that already have abandonment issues loose their therapist without notice and without the therapist being given the chance to speak to them and make sure they are transferred. 

I believe I did heard on the radio yesterday that today was supposed to be cooler than yesterday so I'm hoping when I open the door the day will be a nice one.  This week has been wonderful with the sun shining every day, would be nice to have some cooler weather to be more comfortable walking.

HOpe everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 9/14/11 8:36 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Ida - Glad that you have that interesting project to immerse yourself in! Sorry to hear about Gene's job. That is unfortunate and sounds sneaky to me.

I am here at wor****il 3:30 then headed home. Chris and I have an appt at 7 to meet with Dr Boorse about WLS :) I am very proud of him for taking this step! Keeping my fingers crossed that all of the preliminary stuff goes off without a hitch.
Lisa H.
on 9/14/11 9:23 pm - Whitehall, PA
 WOW!  That IS a major step, Liz!!!   Good luck to Chris!!  I know he has said many times that he wouldn't do it.  I'm glad he is considering it!!!!! 

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 9/14/11 11:08 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks all! Anyone on his facebook please don't say anything there
Decolady
on 9/14/11 9:36 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Congrats to Chris!  Dr. Boorse is wonderful, he saved my life.
Nicole0216
on 9/14/11 9:37 pm - Lancaster, PA
LIZ i am so happy I have worried worried about him. I am so glad he is considering it
dit657
on 9/14/11 9:56 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Wow Liz that's awesome news for Chris - I hope the appointment goes well. We're all here for both of you!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
enasangels
on 9/14/11 9:24 pm - PA
Good Morning Pa,
Ida sounds like you are feeling a bit better, sorry to hear about Genes job, it almost seems that businesses are doing anything they can think of to lower peoples pay.  As always you both are in my thoughts and prayers.
Liz good luck to Chris as he checks out a new "adventure".
Had a great day at Assateague yesterday, surf was rough but warm.  Collected a lot of shells for my new project, and will more than likely go back one day next week to finish my collection.
Today is a run day, so my daughter can get all the last minute stuff ready for their cruise, and to get all the groceries so I won't have to do so much running next week while they are away.  They did do one good thing for me, one of the teachers aids is going to come over a couple nites to help me get the kids settled for dinner, and to help with homework, my 6 yo grandson is a special needs child,and doing homework with him can be frustrating for both of us, I am patient but sometimes can not easily explain concepts that he does not understand, before we even get started he has a tendency to say it's to much, or to hard.  In the end he does ok, it just takes three times longer with him than with my 8 yo granddaughter, and we can't even start till after 7pm when the youngest is in bed, he needs to have no distractions what so ever, and of course a treat is always in the offering when homework is done.
So running errands,and laundry is it for me today, don't let me bore you with the day i have ahead.
To all of you who are facing challenges, prayers and good thoughts that your day goes well.
Hug to all, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Lois G.
on 9/14/11 9:35 pm - Ashland, PA
Good morning PA......its raining here in Schuylkill county ....but not supposed to do any damage this time..............they decided yesterday not to do the Bloomsburg Fair, first time inl25 years, the people up there still do not have any water or power in some homes....we covered our pool yesterday, we are glad we got that done, I head out to Geisinger today for myself, I have my back on track class with wls dept. and see the nutritionist. then I come home and paul will head out to geisinger with my mom and mike for the apts around four today........who knows maybe I';ll have enough energy and I'll do the second trip too.......did well yesterday with my meals, didn't snack attack myself..........sorry about Gene's job, will pray for him, and Liz glad for Chris's apt. tonight., he'll do great with you as his partner, and lisa hope you have a good day, are you working both jobs today?  Lois
Lisa H.
on 9/14/11 9:39 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all.. Ida, I'm sorry you are still dealing with all of the emotions.  I'm sure as you get back into your "normal" life, it will get easier.  

Today has me working ONE job.  Siehara is home from school.  She really seems to suffer from some pretty severe PMS.  She gets nauseous and even vomits for at least a day at the beginning of her cycle.  I am going to call the endocrinologist today when they open to see if there is anything they can do to help.  If not, then I am going to call MY gyn to see what they say about seeing her.  I feel bad for her and don't understand since I have always had pretty uneventful cycles.  

After work, I have a follow up appt with my PCP for the ADHD meds.  They seem to be helping.  I need a refill, but did not want to pick it up yet knowing I was going in today, just in case the dose changed.  After my appointment, we have to run over to the synagogue so Siehara can chant her Haftorah for her Bat Mitzvah in front of the Rabbi.  OYE OYE OYE.... we are totally close!  

That's it for me.. hopefully, we'll head to bed early again.  I got IN bed by 8:30 last night, ignored the phone, and tried to sleep.  The storms that rolled through kept me up a little bit, but I still rested.

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views