journaling

Lois G.
on 9/13/11 11:56 pm - Ashland, PA
Well, after four yearsand six months.....I am back to basics for over two months,,,today I will start to really, really journal my food.......I have been taking my lunch with me each day to geisinger while my stepdad has radiation, he always likes to go to the cafeteria after treatment and eat all he can, so bringing my food with me really helps, usually it is a eas shake, the new one with 30 protein in it....and hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese and pineapple, (not all at once....llo...lol..) but I feel I have bitten the bullet and on a road of success.................who ever said this was the easy way out, well, they have not idea what a struggle each day is, espically when you are dealing with an unorganized  person like me....I am grateful though for this support system....Lois
Sara E.
on 9/14/11 10:21 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Lois,
So sorry your stepdad need radiation.  I hope it is helping him.  So happy you are back to basics.  i still log everything and I am 1 yr 10 months out.  Logging it keeps me on track.  I know I could graze all day long if I let myself....but that person is gone as far as I am concerned.  this is the new & improved Sara thanks to Dr Gabrielsen's handywork and all of my friends support :)  Keep up the great work & keep packing your lunches and logging all your food.  if you bite it...write it.  I agree Lois, it kills me when people think or have the nerve to say I took the easy way out...easy my a$$. 
Love ya friend!
Sara

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/14/11 9:37 pm
Now that you have recommited to your goal, you will be very happy with yourself.  I know you can do it, its a matter of self sanity. 

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Lois G.
on 9/14/11 9:40 pm - Ashland, PA
thanks, yep my sanity will stay intack if I do what I am supposed to do.....and I will.................
jackie j
on 9/16/11 4:08 am - Glenmoore, PA
I re-committed about 2 months ago to JOURNALING; it is a key component along with movement.   ESPECIALLY to those 3years out and more..... Just try doing it for a month; I guarantee you'll see spots where habits you thought you had in place have slipped.   Watch that pie chart on fitday and make sure 1/2 of it is protein.

Good luck Lois, you are going through alot.   Coping skills are key.   When my Mom got sick a few years back and I was doing fertility treatments as well,  that is precisely where things started going wrong.   Too much on my plate (literally), not focused on my in my head.   I thought I had my habits down pat and it would carry me through but little things slipped in as I ate at hospital  and rehab cafeterias, went through a couple drive-thrus while out at Dr. appts., ate someone else's cooking....   None of the advertised behavior modifications kicked in.....no restriction, sateity or dumping happened to stop me and little by little, pound by pound I regained.   

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Lois G.
on 9/16/11 11:12 am - Ashland, PA
Thank you everyone for your advice and comments....I am doing good, saw my pac in the wls office and she told me to stop measuring my success by the scale....(hard to do) I did loose three pounds in four weeks now since I got back on track and am happy about that and so was she.....I get to see her every four weeks, so it is good to have her on my side and know that I am trying daily to do the right eating habits, but now I need to get off my butt and move.......again thank you all............................................
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views