Monday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 9/11/11 8:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

Today I'm up and getting ready for work.  I'm so not into this, just want to crawl back into bed and pull the covers over my head.  This is my first baby step out into a normal life so I must go.  I'll be working till 4 then have class tonight till 10.  Since it is the last evening of class and the class is presenting power point presentations, hopefully we'll be out a bit early.

I realiezed this morning as I was in the shower that Saturday the 10th was 2 years since my surgery.  I have not had time to really think much, just my thoughts yesterday of how very much my life has changed in the last 10 years much less the last two. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, I hear the sun is supposed to shine for a few days now.

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 9/11/11 10:01 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning Ida and PA - Ida, hopefully you can ease back into work today - probably seems overwhelming right now, but once you're there you'll find your comfort zone again. Good luck at class tonight, too. Did you get those storms that rolled through last night? Yes, hopefully we're out of the rain for the while.

I'm at work - don't know if it's my age, the commute, boredom with my job or what but I am really struggling to drag myself out of bed anymore - I do it because I know I have to, but it is definitely time for a change for us.

Took a couple of initial steps Saturday in our pursuit of a second home in Florida...will take a couple more today. My husband lets this all fall on my shoulders and I get very frustrated with that at times.

Had a very sad deja vu moment leaving my development this morning - passed a neighbors' driveway and there was a local police car sitting there with flashing lights and an ambulance in the driveway - happened way too many times with my mom. I think that's another reason I need a change of scenery and life - the house, the area, everything reminds me of my mom, and while it's not all sad or bad memories they are the ones that seem to come to mind more often.

OK, enough of my Monday morning rambling...time to get some work done.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 9/11/11 10:18 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida and PA,
Happy Surgiversary, Ida.  You have been a source of strength for me on this forum.  Thank you for your faithfulness.  I am confident that you will be able to get through returning to work with grace and dignity.  Just take it one day at a time.

I am hoping to hear from my family doctor in the next half hour to schedule an appointment for the cellulitis I developed over the weekend.  My foot, beneath the infection, is all swollen and sore, as is the infected area.  

This situation has me down and discouraged..  I have had the cellulitis before, and did not have the opportunity to keep the leg elevated, or rest, because I was working full time teaching.  Now, I am retired, I can rest and keep it elevated, but would like to get my apartment unpacked and put things away.  Argh.  

So, today, I hope to get in to see my doctor, and then also hope to get to the early AA meeting, if possible.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 9/11/11 11:00 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Happy Monday all...  hang in there Ida.. baby steps and you can get through it.  Happy surgiversary, as well! Can't believe it's been 2 years for you already.  That's awesome!!

Today has me working both jobs.. Aetna til 3:30, Dress Barn starting at 4.  That means I need to shower during my lunch break so I am ready to go right after my day shift is over.  Fun stuff.. lol..  I DO like it at Dress Barn, so that makes it easier to deal with all of the hours and crazy shifts.  

Home from there to bed and up again tomorrow for the same thing.. both jobs, Dress Barn starting at 4.  

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 9/11/11 11:10 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Ida and everyone - Ida - good girl.  I agree with the others - this is a good next step for you.  I, too, believe that you will find your comfort zone at work after everyone's condolences.  Today will be the hardest.  It will get easier and easier as the days go on.  Tomorrow is a new day.  As a matter of fact, each day is a chance to start over.  We all know that from the food front too! :)

I am at school, had a ****ty day on Friday with my vice principal.  She was a bear and called me on the carpet for three stupid things.  It is like she is taking over where my last year's principal left off.  (None of the things she called me on had anything to do with the stuff from last year.)  She is just going to be the micro-manager and I am so not going to be ok with it!  But, I too, am going to go with, today is a new day, a new day to start over.  It was suggested that I go to the principal and explain to her how the vp talked to me.  It is not my style to go over someone's head,  But, I might have to.  I hate it. Also, if this continues, I will so take some mental illness time - I really hate to do it - but if I can't figure her out, I just might have to.  I was already anxious about coming in this morning.  Again, it is not how I work.

As for the rest of the day - I have a Psych appointment this afternoon.  I will talk with her about my anxities about different things and the positive and negative ways I am handling them.  Then I am hopeful to be able to see the phsychologist this afternoon.  My original appointment is scheduled for Thursday, but being as I will be in the area this afternoon I would like to do it today.  I also need to see the ENT.  My ear is no where dear better and this weekend there was more throbbing and some sounds just pierce and hurt.  So, that is on the agenda as well.  My guess is that when I do finally get home, I will check on homework and collapse......

Have a calm Monday all! :)
bvohl
on 9/11/11 11:52 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!!

I only have a minute but I wanted to post! Happy Surgiversary to you, Ida!! I don't know why I thought you were further out than me? I was 2 years in June... Anyway, Happy Successing to you! Hugs and love to you!!

Last night I had one of Dee's friends sleepover. I know, I know it is a school night. They go to the same school so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal and they haven't seen each other all summer. Well, all things were good until we left the house and Dee's friend forgot her project so I had to run back to the house and get it. Well, just that couple of minutes made me late to work! UGH!! Oh well?!?

Today is wor****il 3:30 then appointment with therapist at 5. Then home for dinner, homework, preparations for the morning, relax and collapse! Then I get to start this ALL over again!!! YEAH!!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 9/12/11 12:00 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning Ida, PA Friends,

Wishing you a happy surgiversary, surely this has been one of the more challenging times in your life, and baby steps are good, sometimes the effort is all that is required.  Hoping for better days ahead for you!

I had a very mixed emotion weekend, I had a nice time on Saturday when Tony came down, after he left I pretty much watched the specials on 9-11, then yesterday morning I watched and listened for the names of the people I knew and once the 2nd person's name was read, which was close to noon, I went about the business of living my life, whi*****luded watching the Jets, Cowboys game last night, what a game, it was a heart attack game for us Jets fans, but it was a win and a good way to celebrate New York!

Well because of the Jets game, I did not get to sleep until almost 1 a.m., so I did not get to the gym this morning, I did bring my gym clothes, so if I have anything left after work, I will go, otherwise, I'm at work, will make a noontime AA meeting and that's about my plans for the day!

Wishing you all the best possible day and peace and strength to get through whatever life challenges you are presented with.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 9/12/11 12:08 am - Lancaster, PA
Ida good luck with your day. The world keeps on turning and we have to get back on. You can do this. Please let us know if we can help you and Gene in any way.

Today was my first day back and it was as bad as I thought. Actually worse one counselor resigned while I was gone. So not only do we have major issues with the state now internal things are getting worse.. I am going to give it my best shot but I am thinking this job will not be where I stay very long. Not sure what else to do right now but I know I cannot be healthy and take care of me and be here. It is too stressful.

Hope you all have a good Monday ugh they just blow in general
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views