Saturday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 9/9/11 10:14 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

Like Steffi said yesterday to me - baby steps....everyday is a new day and a new challenge...

Yesterday completed one paper for school, still have 3-4 more to go.  I'm so not into this writing things at the moment, but really need to push myself today and tomorrow.  Monday is my last class this all needs to be turned in.

Today, I'm writing and reading and researching.

Hope everyone has a great day....

IdaMae

lauraanne715
on 9/9/11 10:27 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good Morning!

Well yesterday didn't go as I planned. Went in for my weekly check with my ob/gyn--wound up in the hospital for six hours hooked up to monitors, getting lab tests and ultrasounds. My blood pressure was high--too high. I was completely freaked out. I felt fine before and so was just completely unprepared for that. For the most part everything has been relatively wonderful in the pregnancy so this was a surprise.

So I am now on bedrest. Sunday I have to do a 24 hr urine test to check for proteins etc...Monday I go back into the dr...if my blood pressure is still up they will probally admit me and induce labor...if the blood pressure is ok...then more bed rest and we wait for labor,,,,

So nothing going on for me except bedrest...enjoy the weekend!!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Patricia R.
on 9/9/11 10:35 pm - Perry, MI
 Laura,
With my first pregnancy, before the use of ultrasounds and the wonderful technology available today, I went in for my weekly check, and my blood pressure was high, so I was sent home for bedrest as well.  The next day, I went into labor, and that took 24 hours before my daughter was born.  

I will pray for you, and that little one that will be here soon.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 9/10/11 2:47 am - Lancaster, PA
hang in there and just follow doctors orders
Patricia R.
on 9/9/11 10:30 pm, edited 9/9/11 10:31 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida,
I hope you are able to buckle down and complete the papers you need to get done today and tomorrow.  I remember when I was in graduate school, I spent two months dealing with a lump in my breast, not knowing what the diagnosis was going to be, waiting to have an MRI done, and I could not concentrate either.  I ended up taking an extension in one class, and getting a B, insread of an A because of my attendance.  I just could not focus on anything those two months.  Turns out, it was a cyst, but the scare was very real.

Today, I am going to church for a live simulcast of Beth Moore, a wonderful Bible teacher.  I am hoping to be blessed.  I have participated in several of her Bible studies, and they were in depth and wonderful.

Tonight, I will be watching the Phillies game, and continuing my unpacking.  I am making pretty good progress.  I got my apple decorations all hung in my kitchen, and finally found homes for all of my houseplants.  Now, to hang my living room decor, and my family pictures in the long hallway.  When I hang the family pics in the hallway on both sides of it, it looks like a gallery.  It really blesses me to see my kids and Munchkins all the way down the hall.

The young man *****nted my old apartment moved in yesterday.  He seems like a nice kid, like younger than my sons kid.  

I hope everyone has a great day.  I know I will.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 9/9/11 10:53 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Ida, baby steps is the way to go!!

Laura, take it easy and follow drs orders!!

Trish-So glad you are settling in to your new place!

I was up bright and early since we now have a cat alarm clock! She was meowing at 6:30 this morning!! UUGGHH!!! I had difficulty falling asleep last night, I guess I was overtired?!? So, I am up, showered, dressed and eating breakfast while posting!! Multitasking!!

I had a very nice conversation with my new VP. He is VERY supportive of my program! He is rearranging my schedule to accomodate my lessons! He is a trumpet player so he understands how important my program is! He might even take lessons with me...

Today the whole family is heading out to Easton for cooking class! We made a DELICIOUS chocolate peanut butter cup dessert, Steven did most of the work, but Dee and I helped!! I hope we don't run into too many roadblocks. I think we will leave a bit earlier just in case. After cooking class we will probably tackle laundry and I have some things to do for work!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

alittle110
on 9/15/11 1:25 pm - Bucks County, PA
OK Beth... searching for that recipe! :o) It was sooo good! I mentioned it to the family and they (me too) are looking forward to a bite.

enasangels
on 9/9/11 11:13 pm, edited 9/9/11 11:15 pm - PA
Good Morning Pa.,
Ida I was so glad to see the sun this morning because I know you won't need the shop vac today. You are in my thoughts and prayers for you to be able to complete your school work, and for peace in general.
Laura, take care of yourself, get all the rest you can now, after your little bundle of joy arrives, all bets are off and you will have lots to do to occupy your time.
Trish, glad your unpacking is going so well. I am still in then process of packing in Pa., when I am there, it seems like it is taking forever, but I am also eliminating a lot of stuff to, I know that the Salvation Army is probably so glad to see all the stuff I am dropping at their door.
Today we are going to the beach in Assateaque. Three kids and two adults for crowd control, Daddy is in bed,he hurt his back, a likely story. (no he really did hurt it, but some people will do anything not to have to go to the beach with the kids)
So I am off to pack lunches and snacks to prepare for the day. Have a good one. Prayers for those who are dealing with issues and trials.
Hugs to all, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

dit657
on 9/10/11 12:10 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everyone - Ida even with the papers due I'm sure you and gene are doing the happy dance since there are finally clear skies out there. Good luck with the papers.

Laura - sending prayers your way for you and the baby.

Trish I am going to be packing today - stuff of my moms that my sisters want.

I've been working on the process of buying a second home - I'm really nervous about it but then I was the same way when we bought our other homes. It's so stressful and it all falls on my shoulders. But if we can manage to pull it off it'll be great.

Not much else on my agenda today. Hope everyone has a good day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 9/10/11 9:51 am - Whitehall, PA
 Good evening everybody.. what a long day.  

Went out last night to see the band I like who was playing at the Sands.  Got to see Mr. Drummer.. yummy!!  

I worked at Dress Barn from 9-4.  Between 9 and 10, I was busy just cleaning/organizing before the store opened.  I swear we had non-stop customers from 5 minutes after we opened the door until the minute I left to go home.  It was nuts in there!  Great for business, but oh so tiring.

I came home and took a brief nap.  Friends of mine came with a big TV that they no longer need at home and graciously gave to us for the living room.  Now, instead of only having 1 working TV in the apartment, I have 4.. LOL.  Siehara is well on her way to earning one of the 19" ones for her bedroom.  She has to do her homework, get good grades and maintain her good behavior through the first quarter.  Once she earns it, she has to keep it by continuing to do the things she had to do to earn it.  I am confident that this is just the incentive she needs to succeed!! So far so good!!

Anyway, I'm about to get into the shower because I am headed out to a party in town.  The friends who brought over the TV are going to be there, as well as many others I know.  We are going to be paying tribute to the regular DJ at these parties.  He died unexpectedly in his sleep on Wednesday night.  He was in his mid 40's and they think he had a heart attack.. tragic.  They are going to have a moment of silence for him and collect donations for his family.  He had no life insurance.. so sad.. He would NOT want the party cancelled, so we are having it in his memory.  

Hope everyone had a great day!! I'm off! 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views