Thursday roll Call

jastypes
on 9/7/11 10:54 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, PA friends.  Hey, Steffi, great to finally meet you in person! 

I don't mind the rain.  That's 'cause we're going on vacation in Wildwood NEXT week.  So glad we didn't pick this week to go!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Lisa H.
on 9/7/11 11:35 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all... it is QUITE depressing looking at the gray skies and rain.  Enough already!  The creeks around here are overflowing AGAIN.  I'm sure Historic Bethlehem and downtown Easton will be under water again at some point today.  It's really sad.  

I actually have a nice and easy day today for once!!  I am working ONE job today.  I need to go to the post office on my lunch break to pick up the stamps that I still have not gone to get.  After work, I need to run over to Staples to pick up the invitations and RSVP cards.  I dropped them off last night and they will be printed and cut today.  

Tonight, there is nothing on my agenda except that and making/eating a nice dinner with Siehara for a change.  I gave her choices from what we have in the freezer and she chose meatloaf.  I'll make that, along with mashed or roasted cauliflower and some other veggie.  It will be nice to sit down with her and have a real dinner together.  After dinner, it will be time to stuff envelopes with her invites!   She may have a friend over, so I can make him help us.. lol.   I have to print the labels, too.  But that is easy with mail merge! 

Her tutor was UBER impressed with her Haftorah fluency that was gained over the summer.  She said that only used to be able to say that she has only had 1 student do what she told them to do over the summer.  Now she has 2!! That positive feedback is exacty what Siehara needs to keep going as strong as she has been!! 

Nothing else going on here today.  It will be nice to just take it easy.  This weekend will be busy between work and social stuff, so I'm taking advantage of tonight.

Stay dry and safe everyone!

My tracker

hers 

Laureen S.
on 9/8/11 4:22 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Afternoon Ida, PA Friends,

I awoke to the sound of thunder, lightening and pouring down rain at 4 a.m. and thought oh great, believe it or not, I thought of you and Gene and then of my getting to the gym this morning. . .  I considered not going, but I just get upset when I don't go, so I got up, put my gym gear on, fed Roxie, grabbed my stuff and left the house at 5:05, it was still raining, but I figured I would just take my time, what normally takes me 40-45 minutes, took me 1 hour and 10 today, but I got there and when I was done, I felt good about my workout. 

I can certainly relate to Swede, I left my cell phone home this morning and I feel lost without the darn thing, oh well, I'll be heading home in less than two hours and tonight I head to my AA home group.

Wishing you all the best and peace and strength to get through the challenges that life can toss at us like a 15 lb. bowling ball somedays. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 9/8/11 10:51 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Ida,
Man, am I  late today.  My Internet Explorer would not work at all, so my son, who has a computer repair business, fixed it remotely, and installed Google Chrome for me instead.  He says it is a better web browser.  He has fixed other computers for me.

I went to my AA meeting first thing this morning.  Got a lot of gratitude there.  Then, I went to the grocery store and stopped at my sister's to pick up some fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and a head of cabbage from the garden my Mom helps grow every summer.  Her beau grows a ton of tomatoes every summer, and then cans them.  He grows a ton of other things as well.  They freeze a lot of stuff for the rest of the year.  I had the best tomato sandwich for lunch, which I did preced with some protein.  

I walked Utley down by the Delaware, and saw a lot of the flooding, which I was told will get worse.  Then, I came home and did some unpacking for the remainder of the day.  I did take some stuff down the basement, which is dry, praise God.  My landlady told me that it will stay dry as long as I keep the drain at the bottom of the ouside steps clear of leaves and chestnuts.  They have a drain shield over it, which helps with that.

Nothing else going on.  Just chilling in front of the Phillies game now.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views