Back to School Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 9/5/11 9:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

Where did the summer go?

Not much planned here today.  Gene is working today, I'm home by myself.  I have some homework to catch up on, I might do that or just sit and stare at the TV not sure just yet.

For those heading back to school to teach and those getting the little and big one's off to school have an awesome day...

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 9/5/11 9:56 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning Ida and PA - Ida, after all you've been through lately I definitely think you deserve a 'Queen's Day' of bon-bons (sugar free of course) and mindless TV - and NO guilt over doing it!! It's going to be rainy and miserable all day anyway, so might as well curl up on the sofa with the remote, go back to bed, or take a nice relaxing bubble bath . I would if I could.

I'm back at work - I have to say that even though we had a great weekend with friends, good weather and good food, Labor Day is my least favorite of all the holidays because I know summer is over and cold, dark weather is on the way. Blech. In order to stave off fall as much as possible I wore white pants today - let the fashion police come get me - I don't care!

I had planned on getting up early to work out but slept very poorly, so I hit the snooze and rolled over - I'm sure the dark, rainy weather didn't help, but I will exercise tonight. Got my order of Da Vinci sf syrups so I can mix up my protein shakes but realized I'm almost out of vanilla protein powder so I need to get some more.

Stay warm and dry out there today....and for all you teachers welcome back to the real world!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 9/5/11 10:01 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Ida.. your post is short and sweet and I'm happy for that.  I hope it means that no new drama has landed in your lap.  

Today is the first day of school!!  Siehara was up (with her alarm) at 5:45.  She came in to wake me up around 6:20 and was already dressed, drugged and fed.. lol.  All that was left was to ask me for pencils, highlighters, a belt and to fix her zipper.  Yes, the pencils and highlighters should have been taken care of last night when I asked her 16 times if her bag was all packed and she had everything.  No, she did not mention either of those things last night.  Then, she changed her jeans because the zipper wouldn't stay up and didn't need the belt anymore.. whatever.  Anyway, here she is on her first day of 7th grade! 
Photobucket

I have to work at Dress Barn tonight, so not much else will be happening today.  I DO need to go to the post office to get a Tastefully Simple kit out to Deb and to Staples to get the invitations printed at some point.  

Hope everyone has a great day... stay dry! It looks like it is going to be a wet one. 

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 9/5/11 10:07 pm - Easton, PA
cute! Have a great first day Siehara!
Patricia R.
on 9/5/11 10:18 pm - Perry, MI
Beautiful for the first day.  Hope it is awesome.
Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lauraanne715
on 9/5/11 10:32 pm - Pottstown, PA

She looks cute!!! I love her hair!! :-)

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

IdaMae D.
on 9/5/11 11:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
very cute, love her hair....

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 9/5/11 11:50 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Siehara looks adorable! 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Liz R.
on 9/5/11 10:05 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All

Labor Day makes me sad too. The garden is almost done and my flowers are dwindling. I do like when it is darker in the evenings because I am an early to bed person and this makes it easier! I think it will also help Mia to settle in the evenings. I am at work today, I too had a horrible night's sleep and tossed and turned a lot. Today has me working until 3:30, heading to the chiropractor and to my Mom's to pick up Mia. Hoping we can both get to bed at a decent time tonight.
Patricia R.
on 9/5/11 10:22 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida and PA,
Good luck to all the teachers and students today.  I am not jealous at all.  So happy to be retired from teaching.

I too, hate the end of summer.  Cold weather means more pain for me.

Today, I have three appointments.  First, my ENT doc for my sinuses.  Then, an intake appointment for a mental health agency.  Finally, I see Dr. Marymor for my five year check up.  I can't find my food log in all the boxes here, so I have to redo it.  I have to buy a tablet, because they are all packed too.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views