Labor Day Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 9/4/11 9:52 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Pennsylvania,
I am up, and still not feeling well.  I came down with a sinus infection over the weekend and it wiped me out.  I slept most of the day Sunday, and was in bed by 7:00 yesterday.

Today has me laying low, doing a little unpacking and making sure the kitchen is put together.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

steffihope
on 9/4/11 10:05 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Trish - I miss you!  I hope you find some relief - this has been a tough month for illnesses!

Hi all of PA - I had a difficult few days, dealing with anxiety and some mild depression.  Larry worked 7 straight nights and it got to me two nights ago.  He is home tonight and tomorrow night, first day of school - so we will all be around for that.  Today is finishing up some last minute school errands that I need to be sure I have ready to go for tomorrow.  Have to head to the market to be sure the kids have what they need for lunches.  We are headed to a friends' house this afternoon for an early dinner so that everyone is home and in bed at a reasonable hour.  Me too, hopefully! :)

I did some retail therapy yesterday at King of Prussia Mall.  Got some great deals and some body shapers that will ease my mind into the size that I know that I am but have been struggling with due to some minor weight gain.  It is amazing what our heads do to us.  

That is my day - low labor! :)

Happy day all! :)
Patricia R.
on 9/4/11 11:53 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Steffi,
I miss you too.  I don't miss the start of the school year, and am so happy I retired.  Sorry you are not doing so well with the anxiety and depression.  I used to get majorly depressed at the start of each school year.

Good luck tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

steffihope
on 9/5/11 3:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
I am VERY ready to get the start of the school year underway.  The anxiety and depression has nothing to do with it - thankfully - it is that Larry has been working so much and getting the kids ready and on some sort of schedule has me a little off sorts.  But, I am still happy that I get to look forward to a new school year.  I always way - in how many careers do you get to start over every single year?!?!  I feel very fortunate to have that opportunity! :)
Patricia R.
on 9/5/11 5:13 am - Perry, MI
I understand what you are saying.  I was at some pretty crappy schools and hated teaching till I got to Baldi.  Then, my health issues flared up, and I kept getting written up for attendance.  I had FMLA once, and then could not get it again, to prevent the 204s.  I retired on disability, and get disability retirement from PSERS. 

But the truth is, I love doing the social work job, on a part time basis, acting as a sub, so to speak. 

Good luck with the new year.  I am sure it will be terrific.

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 9/4/11 10:24 pm
Good Morning Trish and PA!

Trish, I hope you feel better soon!! I know you are glad that you are moved into your new place!!

I was up at my usual school time! I have SO much to do today!! Hubby had to work today, but at least it will be holiday pay!!! I am eating my breakfast right now and posting. Already put in a load of laundry and collected some trash around the house. Also packed my car with my stuff for school tomorrow! Still have a LONG list of things to do today, cause I KNOW I won't feel like doing any of it after work!!

Tomorrow is a PD day, Oh JOY! NOT!! I don't even NEED any more PD hours for the next four years!! Oh well, I will sit with my buds and chat!

Have a great Labor Day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 9/4/11 11:51 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Beth,
I don't envy you and Steffi and all the other teachers this weekend.  I hated the start of the school year and am so glad I retired from teaching last year.  I don't miss it at all.

Good luck with the new school year.

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 9/5/11 12:09 am
Thanks Trish! Believe it or not I am actually looking forward to it as long as they work out my schedule so I can get my program off the ground....right now as the schedule stands it is not going to work out too well!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 9/4/11 10:40 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all... sorry you're not feeling well Trish.  I'm sure the moving did not help how you are feeling.  Try to take it easy today, for sure.  

I'll be doing just that for most of the day.  This afternoon, Siehara and I are meeting up with a gentleman who is in the choir with me.  He invited us to go to the Allentown Fair with him.  So, we'll go there, hang out til just after dinner time and then head home.  Siehara needs to get her lunch packed and make sure her school stuff is all ready to go for the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!  WOOOO HOOOOO!! 

Besides that, I'm sure she will be messing with her hair a little too much.  I put a relaxer in it last night and it looks really nice.  She was sooo happy, she couldn't calm herself down to go to sleep.  LOL.   I loved seeing her so happy!  Now she has OPTIONS with her hair.  She can wear it wavy (since it didn't get TOTALLY straight) or we can blow it dry and use the flat iron so it can be straight.  I wish I had done it a few days ago because now I need to take her to a salon to get it trimmed, but definitely won't be able to do that before tomorrow.   Oh well, I'm sure it will be fine.  

Anyway, have a great day everyone!  I'm going to lie back down for a bit. 

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 9/5/11 1:18 am, edited 9/5/11 1:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish & PA:

Trish: so sorry to hear you are struggling with your health. I hope you find relief for you sinus infection.

Steffi: take care of yourself and good luck on your first day of school tomorrow...

Beth: Good luck on your first day tomorrow at school...

Lisa: Your daughters hair is soooooo darn cute....

I'm up late this morning. Could not get myself to wake up early. Went to church yesterday, it was very tough being out and around people. Gene was worship leader yesterday so God was telling me to get my butt to church. One of the Psalms Gene read was the 27th said a lot to me yesterday, brought quite a few tears while in church.

I am amazed each and everytime someone tells me they love me, and so humbled by those three little words. I want to say how can you love me, I'm not worthy of love by anyone. Yes, I've worked through all this in therapy and my rational mind knows I am worthy of being loved. Yet those old records continue to play in my mind - I am not worthy of love.

Today Gene and I will be getting a list of things to pick up at Lowes.

Tomorrow is my last day off for Bearevement. I do think I am going to request the remainder of the week off. I'm just not ready to be out and around people yet, church was a good stepping stone into the world again, I know I won't be able to concentrate in work just yet. I think starting fresh next Monday will be good for me.

I hear rain is heading out way. Pray for us that our basement will take on mininal water or the storm will veer off in another direction and only give our area a little rain.

Hope everyone has a great day....

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views