steroids????

kreavis1979
on 9/2/11 9:34 pm - PA
Hey all,

I have a quick question for you. Without making this an extremely long post, let me just say I am almsot 32 weeks pregnant and i have shown some signs of preterm labor. I am waiting on the results of one more test and if that comes back positive it means I have a 4% chance of delivering in the next 2 weeks and this will be the 2nd positive test of its kind. If so the midwife mentioned giving me steroids to develop the baby's lungs. So 2 other RNY patients have told me we can't have steroids, but why? I just need an explanation for the midwife and maybe have injections???
Any answers would be appreciated..

Katie
victoria3
on 9/3/11 1:14 am - Douglassville, PA

Katie,

You might want to post this over on the pregnancy baord.  The ladies over there are a wealth on knowledge.  I know that many of them have had the steroid shot for the baby's lungs.

Vicki

Liz R.
on 9/5/11 8:49 pm - Easton, PA
Katie - I hope your little bug stays put! The injectable steroids are fine for us to take. So are the oral ones for short periods of time. I was on prednisone for a while when I was pregnant because of bronchitis. I've been on several rounds not preggo too.

Good luck hun!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views