Ending week #4 of Radiation and Chemo

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/1/11 11:58 pm
Its been a tough week, my platelets are low and Doctors are talking of ending the Chemo portion early.  My stomach is inside out and my temperature is way under normal.  As it stands right now, the radiation will continue for another 5 weeks.  Yesterday was the first time I could not work a full day.  I faded out after 5 hours. 

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Laureen S.
on 9/2/11 12:11 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Nan,

You're doing amazing, I hope that when this is behind you and they do new scans, that the news will be good.  A good friend of mine, who last year was diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer and  underwent a radical procedure at Thanksgiving, one that she had to go to Pittsburgh for, got great news yesterday, her scans and bloodwork both tested clear, so I'm going to hope you will too!!!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 9/2/11 12:56 am - Philadelphia, PA
We continue to send you our prayers...

IdaMae

bvohl
on 9/2/11 2:22 am
HANG IN THERE!!

((HUGS))

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jackie j
on 9/2/11 6:13 am - Glenmoore, PA
You can't expect to keep going full steam through this, cut yourself break, maybe do less hours or take some stuff home to do later in the evening after a nap?   We're all pulling for you and our prayers are with you, you know that.  Love ya and have a restful weekend.   J.

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/2/11 6:18 am
I've got to put as much time in a possible to cover me until I can't do anymore.  Not allowed to take anything out the office and its all on their software anyway.  No manual work to do outside the office.  I don't want to have to use my vacation time.  I am looking forward to my expedition in November and December to Florida.

jackie j
on 9/2/11 6:49 am - Glenmoore, PA
I don't remember how big your company is but wouldn't they give you FMLA (unpaid) without it touching your vacay?  My company dishes out the FMLA to cancer patients in bits and pieces so they know they won't lose their jobs or other bennies with all the little absences.   It goes along way mentally to relieve that burden.   Wouldn't they be compassionate to your cir****tances, you've been with them a while, haven't you?   The more rundown you make yourself now the longer your recovery; you don't want that either.   Take care of the now Nan, Florida isn't going anywhere.  

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/2/11 8:11 pm
I am working 4 ten hour days to make up for being out on Wednesday's.  Wednesday is my Chemo day.  The ativan and zofran sort of make it not possible to function at work.  I am at radiation every morning at 6:15.  I need to put these hours in to cover my medical expenses.  There is a co-pay for every session as well as a co-pay for both doctor consults (the oncologist and the radiation Dr.) on Wednesdays.  Its not that Florida isn't going anywhere, its that when this is all over I want to be able to have time for me.  The doctors tell me if I have the will to work, then I will be able to.  They said that it is all state of mind.

jackie j
on 9/3/11 8:32 am - Glenmoore, PA
Well then Nan, I'll just keep the prayers coming that that state of mind stays determined.   I know you as one of the strongest willed of women.   This sux but you can get through it.   Sending you positive vibes my friend.

Arlene E.
on 9/2/11 7:32 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thinking of you Nan and please take care of yourself.  I can't imagine working through all this.   You've worked so hard and so long to get and stay at a healthy weight, so I know you will make it through this, but PLEASE take it easy.

Arlene 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views