Finally Friday Roll Call

bvohl
on 9/2/11 12:45 am
Good Morning Ida and PA!!

Ida, I am sending you hugs and strength to get you through this difficult time!! Your brother is unbelievable, but he is who he is!! He is not going to change!! I am sure your daughters saw through him....

Yesterday was first day of school. It was nice to see everyone (mostly)! We had a LONG faculty meeting in the morning, went over the handbook, and then got our schedules. Well, my schedule was FILLED with lunch duties and instructional support in the classroom, with little or no time for MY program. I was SO pissed, that after the meeting I went into my room and didn't talk to anyone! I started setting up my room and then I looked at the schedule again. I realized the times that they set aside for music lessons was during swimming classes for middle school students. They can"t miss that. I also cannot pull kids from literacy or math. To complicate matters, everybody has literacy and math at different times! I went to the new VP to tell him about the issues with my schedule. I told him I will help wherever I can, but I WANT my program!! He agreed, looked at the schedule and said that he would have to confer with the principal to see what could be done. I told him that for the past couple of years I shadowed the vocal music schedule and pulled my kids from that class. It is still music, and I think I am a MUCH better teacher anyway!! So, as of now my schedule is up in the air!

If the schedule stays as it is, I will be the highest paid aide in the district!! Supposedly test scores were not good. I understand that they need to improve those scores but not at the sacrifice of my program!!!

Enough of my ranting....going to do some stuff around the house and maybe some errands...

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 9/2/11 2:24 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Beth,

What a shame that life is all about test scores and not about kids getting a balanced education that includes exposure to everything in life.  Maybe I am wrong, out of touch somehow, but all students had the same curculium of what was necessary to get a well rounded education.  If a kid needed remedial help, it was done through tutoring and/or other methods in and out of school.  I, personally, feel that too much emphasis is on testing scores, putting way too much pressure on the kids and faculty of school, making it harder on everyone.  But I am one person and I'm guessing I'm out of touch.

Good for you for going and having you say and hopefully it makes a difference, think this also is probably what gets good teachers disgusted within what they are choose as their vocation.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views